“Some of the Best Pizza I've Ever Had”
Review of Two Amys

Two Amys
Ranked #236 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We found 2 Amy's on the Washingtonian's 100 Best Restaurants List. We went on a Sunday afternoon at around 2pm and it was packed. We ended up grabbing a beer at the bar and waited 15 to 20 minutes for a table.

I ordered the Santa Brigida (tomato, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, arugula) and my husband order one of the specials. I am not normally a fan of crust but I ate all the crust off this pizza! It's crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The ratio of cheese to sauce to toppings was perfect. The pizza and the feel of the restaurant made me feel like I was in Italy.

Overall, the service and the pizza were wonderful. I can't wait for our next trip to 2 Amy's.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Whenever I have an excuse to go Two Amy's I do. Situated on Macomb Street in NW just down the street from the Cathedral this is a great place. The pizza is great, the draft beer selection always interesting and the service is ridiculous.
Today we went to the National Zoo, which was an 80 degree Sunday,Cherry blossom, mad house. We walked to Amys which was an oasis of calm. One can sit outdoors but we were kind of hot and hungry, so we sat inside and got two pizzas and a salad along with some nice draft micro-brew.
We were served drinks and salad in maybe 6 minutes and the pizza was along in another 10 minutes max.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Of course I had to try and was disappointed. I ordered the pizza and they are definitely overrated, overpriced and the anchovy pizza is too salty, barely edible. Go to Pete's New Haven down the street!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went for lunch on our last day in DC before flying out and are so glad that we did! The pizza was divine - both kids and adults devoured. While we didn't order any small bites pre lunch, we wished we had after watching that food walk by. Service was fast and pleasant and the space casual and fun. The cab ride there was nice too - saw embassies we would have missed otherwise and got a great view of the National Cathedral. Go! (And lunch is probably better than dinner unless you want to wait.)

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Came here because a friend from the area recommended this place. wasn't the best pizza I've ever had but it was very good. thought the crust was too thin and the sauce from it made the cheese slide off, would have preferred a thicker crust...but that might be personal opinion