“Legitimately Authentic Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Since moving to DC a year and a half ago, I've been to 2Amy's about ten times. I think that's a sufficient sample size from which I can draw some solid conclusions. The pizza is legitimately Neapolitan, and the story of their method/authenticity is printed on the back of the menu. The crust is the best pizza crust I've ever tasted. This is a result of their ingredients and wood-fire ovens. The cheese and toppings are delicious as well, but not to the same mind-blowing extent as the crust. A pizza will generally cost about $13, and if you are hungry you will eat the whole thing. If you're really hungry you might want a bit more food. If you aren't that hungry and have a light eating companion, you can get away with splitting one. My wife and I usually order a prosciutto and mushroom combo, but everything is good. The stuffed pizzas are also very good, and massive (the pesto one is surprisingly good). The service is fine, and once you get a table you usually get your food pretty quickly. However, it's always busy, and if the weather is nice you can generally expect a small wait.
I go with a four instead of a five star rating because I'm a bigger fan of higher volume pizza consumption. If they cut two bucks off the price of all the pizzas, it would be a 5! All in all I don't see a reason you shouldn't give 2Amy's a try.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This was some good food. We started the evening at the bar as we waited for our table. Originally we had no plans to order anything other than pizza. However, due to our vantage point in the bar, we were in full view of the antipasto... So we tried several things including Gorgonzola with chestnut honey and celery root cooked with oranges. All delicious and unique. By the time we got to the table, we weren't that hungry anymore. But, we went ahead and got a margherita pizza with prosciutto and we didn't regret it. Decor is basic, service prompt. Definitely has a neighborhood feel. Very noisy! We'll def be back next time we are in DC.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

People rave about 2 Amy's.
Is it because it's chique or because of the area or the food?
Not sure.... but I was less than impressed

I had been there ages ago -- and thought it was ok, but was less than impressed this time.
Service wasn't anything special during lunch.
Food was decent, but again - nothing special.
Prices aren't that great either and there are more than enough pizza joints in town to patronize.

Location: Good
Food: Average
Service: Average
Prices: $$
Parking: Street
Restrooms: N/A

Whoever said the pizza was better than in Napoli is kidding themselves.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Whenever we visit our friends in DC, we make the trip to 2Amys. As always, well worth the trip. Great appetizers, particularly the arancini, nice arugula salad, and our pizza choices (Norcia, Etna, Margherita Extra and Santa Brigida) all impressed. One of the best Margherita style pizzas we have had recently. Not quiet, but a great local spot. We always look forward to coming back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Crisp crust. Flavorful toppings. Even though the line is usually out the door to pick up food or get a table but it's worth the wait.