“Good Service & Reasonable Price”
Review of Miss Saigon

Cross street: Thomas Jefferson
Transit: Foggy bottom metro
South West England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,131 helpful votes
“Good Service & Reasonable Price”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Walking around Georgetown, we were hungry and wanted to eat Asian food. We came across Miss Saigon and decided to eat.
The service was good, food was not bad and not to spicy, and the price was reasonable.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
New York
“Good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Miss Saigon is somewhat of a fixture in Georgetown. I recall visiting at least 5 years ago and was not impressed then. Perhaps they changed the chef, or perhaps I tried different dishes this time. However, I have to say that the food was quite good - well prepared, just sufficiently spicy and flavorful and filling (but not overly so).

The lemongrass soup is worth a try.

Service was a bit "strange" but nothing that would spoil an otherwise decent culinary experience.

• Visited August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

3 of us had a late lunch (3pm) at this place and we loved the food! Our drinks and food were served hot and quickly. Service was good and attentive. We love the mango rolls and the authentic Vietnamese Pho with beef.

Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Worst Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I remember this place being one of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had. We're not talking about food poisoning or a waitress/waiter accidentally spilling food all over me. I'm talking about:

1. We were seated next to the entry, which was fine, but after a few minutes me and my friend started feeling itchy. We then notice mosquitoes flying all around us so that was the reason why.

2. We asked the waitress if we could be moved to another table and the waitress kept saying they did not have any other tables. I looked around and noticed a few more tables that WERE available. I kept telling her we were getting bitten and again requested to be moved. She says she'll let us know.

3. A few minutes after that, the owner of the restaurant comes over and informs us he was told there were mosquitoes and I told him yes. He states he's surprised and this has never happened before. We then ask him if we could move and he says there are no tables available. Next thing you know, he just casually smiles and walks off like this conversation never occurred to begin with.

4. Once our food came out, we were told we could finally move, but since everything had arrived on the table, it was pointless so we told them no.

We ended up only tipping 5% given the situation and the fact that the ownership was just ignorant about taking action. I wouldn't recommend this place due to this fact and the food was not that good either.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank wendy5o4
Naples, Florida
“We liked this place...”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Have not had prior experience with this type of food, but our meals were really good. The location is great, and the service was too.

• Visited June 2013