“Worst Restaurant Experience”

Transit: Foggy bottom metro
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Worst Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I remember this place being one of the worst restaurant experiences I've ever had. We're not talking about food poisoning or a waitress/waiter accidentally spilling food all over me. I'm talking about:

1. We were seated next to the entry, which was fine, but after a few minutes me and my friend started feeling itchy. We then notice mosquitoes flying all around us so that was the reason why.

2. We asked the waitress if we could be moved to another table and the waitress kept saying they did not have any other tables. I looked around and noticed a few more tables that WERE available. I kept telling her we were getting bitten and again requested to be moved. She says she'll let us know.

3. A few minutes after that, the owner of the restaurant comes over and informs us he was told there were mosquitoes and I told him yes. He states he's surprised and this has never happened before. We then ask him if we could move and he says there are no tables available. Next thing you know, he just casually smiles and walks off like this conversation never occurred to begin with.

4. Once our food came out, we were told we could finally move, but since everything had arrived on the table, it was pointless so we told them no.

We ended up only tipping 5% given the situation and the fact that the ownership was just ignorant about taking action. I wouldn't recommend this place due to this fact and the food was not that good either.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank wendy5o4

• Korean first
Naples, Florida
“We liked this place...”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Have not had prior experience with this type of food, but our meals were really good. The location is great, and the service was too.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dutchgirl57
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Not amazing, but not bad.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I came here with a few people recently and had a pretty decent meal. I had one of their large soups; as did one other person in the group, and we both found them satisfying. I know that such dishes are a dime a dozen around DC, but that doesn't mean that credit shouldn't be given when it's deserved. We weren't there looking for an experience to rival any other in the realm of Vietnamese cuisine.
I found the inside to be adequately comfortable. The music playing was sort of like white noise, really. Muzak versions of any different variety of songs. The volume wasn't too loud and as corny as it can be, it doesn't distract from the abilty to converse without being annoyed by some of the garbage that some restaurants play over their speakers.
The waitstaff were efficient and earned their tip. There were no mistakes when it came to the food, and I can't say that anything was over/undercooked. Nor was anything we ordered bland, tasteless or a waste of money. An important quality, really.
I can't say that I'm waiting in anticipation to return; but it's an alright choice for the area. It seems the place has been around for awhile, so I give them credit for that. Especially in an area as busy as Georgetown where people often feel as though they know more than they really do about food.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank CaptainAwethume
Sao Paulo, SP
“Inexpensive and Unremarkable”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Miss Saigon is located in Georgetown's main street and it looks better from the outside than inside.
Well as for the food I ordered a curry chicken that was just ok. Carrots and chicken could have been better sliced. Had to request chopsticks, but they gave me one of the huge plastic kind.
To be fair the curry did taste very good.
Curry and a beer for $ 22?
I could go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CesarRodrigues
Ann Arbor
“Unacceptable - keep walking”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The lunch my daughter and I ordered at Miss Saigon was unacceptable. I ordered one of the lunch specials - grilled chicken, fried rice, a salad and a spring roll. My daughter ordered steamed shrimp/pork dumplings and a spring roll.

Both spring rolls were way over-fried - dark brown and tasteless. The steamed dumplings were white, unappetizing lumps of warm goo. The fried rice came in the shape of a half-round ice-cream scoop and dripping with oil. And, the chicken was burned.

What keeps this review from being rated a "terrible" was the restaurant's cleanliness and the server's friendly and sincere attempts to be helpful.

There are many many options in Georgetown. Keep walking.

• Visited March 2013