“Hong Kong Roast Pork Noodle Soup gets 5 stars”
Review of Full Kee

Full Kee
Ranked #701 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hong Kong Style, Roast Pork Noodle Soup is Epic! Best in the city. I've tried it everywhere else and nothing comes close. The dining area is a little "hole in the wall-ish" and feels like what I would imagine an eatery in Hong Kong China would feel like. The Roast Pork Noodle soup keeps me coming back. Ask for the hot pepper oil..

1  Thank Stuart P

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was just walking down the street a headed to a meeting. As usual I was about 1 hour early and I was getting hungry. I saw a number of folks heading in and thought I'd take a chance. I have the Lemon Chicken and steamed rice with hot tea. Not many times I get a business meal in DC for less than 8 dollars (including 20% tip). I wish I had time to explore the menu more but didn't want to be late for me meeting. In spite of being crowded the service was excellent. Be sure to check out the picture of the Delicacies Menu. Which one would you try?

1  Thank George G
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Seafood was not fresh in pan fried noodles, Wontons were thick and pasty in Won Ton Soup, and not stuffed very flavorfully.

1  Thank Rebeccabrandrecipes
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Full Kee is what one would expect. Simple furnishings but a very extnesive menu. Food is good and varied. A good choice.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am adding my comment to check if other patrons have noticed the change. We have eaten at Full Kee over the years and the food has been consistently good, except the last time we were there (November 2012). Just about ALL the food we ordered tasted bland, including the Congee with pork/preserved egg and the Shrimp dumpling Hong Kong style with noodles, which has been our favorites over the years.

It could have been a one-off event, but again putting my comments here in case others have noticed the difference or for the owner to realize that the quality has changed.

I am rating this one a "Poor" instead of "terrible" as I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that our experience was atypical. We will not be returning though unless I here other genuine ratings to the contrary.

Interaction with the staff and service was good, by the way, unlike the last post I read. Service has been consistently good at this restaurant.

On another note, the spin-off restaurant in Wheaton (Full Key) is still wonderful. Just visited there and the quality was great as usual.

1  Thank MrTraveller2010