“Delicious Scrumptious dinner”

Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 3,506 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: S street
Transit: Foggy bottom metro station in Georgetown
Description: Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar, located in upper Georgetown, will transport you to the center of Paris as soon as you enter. Bistro food with all its subtle heartiness and its big choice of full-bodied wines is enveloped in a intimate, cozy interior. Wine tastings, private dining room and live jazz twice weekly have all been recently added to enhance your dining experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was delicious. The veal kidneys are a # 1 recommendation . If you order any meat, it is very tender, juicy, tasty meat, no matter what type of meat you order. I absolutely adore the cute pictures and art around the restaurant. It is not a tourist trap which means you wouldn’t need to yell over all the noise. The food came quick enough, around 15-20 min or so. The menu is filled with tasty variety’s of food. The waiter was a very nice man and made everyone feel comfortable. The food came at the same time and was hot and warm. The wine list was a very fine selection. A touch of france in Washington .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking forward to having snails here, which I hadn't had for a long time, but the snails they brought me were too hot (not spicy, but thermally hot) to eat. There were six snails, and the first one nearly burned my mouth and went down untasted. The second one was still too hot to taste. The rest were still excessively hot, and the whole dish was a big disappointment.

Cyrille B, Owner at Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
We apologize for the snails that were served to you. As you have noticed, we serve them in an iron dish that will keep them very hot and it takes a certain time for the temperature to drop to a comfortable level.
Your server should have warned you and I apologize if she or he did not do so.
On your next visit, please let us know in advance and we will make sure that the snails will be served to you at a cooler temperature.
Thank you for your comment.
Sincerely

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Bistro Lepic & Wine Bar is a wonderful and cozy French restaurant on Wisconsin Ave with a walking distance to the Dumbarton Oaks Park. The foods and services are very good. Our appetizer includes the very popular escargots and the entree include Paillason de Saumon (salmon in potato crust) and trout. The lunch went well with a nice French white wine.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

The six of us had a reservation at this small but lovely restaurant for dinner. The service was very attentive and absolutely amazing. I would say the service here was perfection. The food followed suit. Whether it was a beet salad or the pea soup the ingredients were fresh, tasty, and well presented. They serve foie gras here and it is absolutely wonderful. The main courses whether beef medallions or fish matched the wonderful tastes of the first course. Make sure you get dessert here. Heavenly! I’ve marked this place off for my return to DC. I’ll definitely be back.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We visited Lepic with friends who had been there before...friends who are serious foodies and know their wines. All four of us were pretty happy with our meals. Mine had promise but didn’t quite live up to it, a couple of small pieces of salmon paired with scallops, wrapped in puff pastry. By the time the dishes made it to the table, my puff pastry had dissolved. Never the less, the flavors were wonderful. We all appreciated the not-giant portions, which made it possible to enjoy a bite of dessert. I would go back to eat, but my hard-of-hearing spouse would not. The restaurant is tiny, cozy, and it only takes one nearby table of exuberant guests to make conversation difficult. The service, by the way, was excellent.