“Yummy Dinner”
Review of Bistro Bis

Bistro Bis
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: New Jersey & North Capitol
Transit: Union Station
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Bistro Bis has creative menus and wonderful food. Their daily specials were just that -- "special". The suggested wines by the glass for each course were wonderful. The atmosphere was great, and the service was super.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

Excellent food and quality service. Several unusual specials in addition to splendid French dishes. An appetizer, entre, bread, glass of wine, dessert, coffee with tip will cost about $70 per person. It is worth it. Service is top knotch. You will have about two servers taking care of every person eating at the table. If you want to eat quicker (because of a show time or an appointment) they will adjust. If you want to slow down, they will fit your tempo. The restaurant is located in the Hotel George near Union Station.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

I tried Bistro Bis for Valentine's Dinner with my husband and it did not disappoint. The food was amazing, the sommelier recommended the perfect Pinot Noir to pair with our dishes. Neither of us eat red meat and were both extremely pleased that the Trout and Risotto were perfection. The Fig Ricotta Bread Pudding for dessert is a must try! I'll be back for that dessert!

Reviewed February 18, 2010

I had dinner last night at Bistro Bis with two business associates. The food was excellent. I my friends had a flounder special with lobster and were very impressed. I ordered the Veal Sweetbreads and they were the best I have ever had. They were crispy and came with a savory sauce which made dish special. I gave both of my friends a bite and they were impressed. They had never tried sweetbreads before because it was too exotic.

The wine list was very broad, and prices were pretty much as expected for a top flight restaurant. A lot of Congressmen, lobbyists and media people dine here. NBC and several other Media offices are across the street. A lot of patrons are on expense accounts here.

I ws surprised at how slow the service and the kitchen were last night. Our server was friendly and pleasant, but the kitchen was slow. The sommelier made a nice recommendation and poured the first glasses of white wine, but then he placed it in an ice bucket out of reach and never returned.

The restaurant was busy, but not packed. However, it may be part of the French Bistro style. dining in Europe is often a liesurely affair. We did not mind the length of time the it took to complete the meal as we were engaged in general business discussions and not in a hurry.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

The restaurant is elegant yet comfortable. We sat by a cozy fireplace and were treated royally. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was incredible. Probably one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant.