“amazing food and flavors”
Review of Zaytinya

Zaytinya
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaytinya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G St.
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown station. 9 th & G St exit on the red, green and yellow lines.
Description: Zaytinya offers an innovative mezze menu inspired by Turkish, Greek and Lebanese cuisines, under the direction of renowned chef José Andrés, served up in a sleek and modern setting. Shared small plates, creative cocktails and unique Mediterranean wines make this spot one of DC’s top dining destinations.
Providence, Rhode Island
“amazing food and flavors”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Zaytinya this past Sunday night and it was by far the best meal we had during our weekend in DC. It was truly fantastic with each dish leaving us more impressed than the last. The brussel sprouts, haloumi, dolmades - and every other plate we had were delicious.

I think I would go there at least once a week if I lived in DC!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect food, Great service”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had dinner here after once and we cannot recommend it enough. We made reservations in advance, but had to wait for a bit to get seated. The manager was very sweet and accommodated us very soon and he apologized to us too. The place was very charming and the ambiance was great. The service was quick and we were delighted at the sight of our food. It was beautifully presented and we loved it. The food was spot on in terms if textures and flavors. It turned out to be a great evening and we would definitely recommend it.

• Visited October 2013
Secaucus, New Jersey
“Interesting & satisfying tapas menue”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Zaytinya is a modern and loud and croweded space that is perfect for groups.Of the nine or ten plates that we ordered we particularly enjoyed the beef & lamb meatballs, grilled hanger steak, braised lamb shank, octopus santorini and the crispy brussel sprouts. The portions are nice size but just be careful because the bill adds up pretty quickly and the eyes are bigger than the stomach when trying to narrow down the many options on the menu.
I'd never tried a Lebanese wine before and was very happy with my selection of Chateau Masur Jeune Rogue, a blend of cabernet, chinsault and syrah.

New Hampshire
“Good, but could be better”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have a general perception that the the restaurants in DC just aren't as good as other places in the U.S. Zaytinya is yet another example of this.

I have been to Zaytinya four times now. I love middle-eastern/Turkish food, and I generally eat it whenever I can (including in the middle-east/Turkey). With that in mind, I would say that the food here is very good for DC, but just average if you compare it restaurants in other cities.

I would still recommend going here since the vibe/scene is good and I don't think you'll find better food elsewhere in DC, but don't expect to walk away and say "that's one of the best meals I've had."

Visited September 2013
Northern Virginia
“WONDERFUL SELECTIONS!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a great restaurant with so many interesting items on the menu! This tapas style Greek/Turkish restaurant is really so good. The grape leaves, chicken & lamb kabobs, roasted eggplant, roasted cauliflower, crunchy brussel sprouts were all excellent. The Turkish delight dessert was delicious - walnut ice cream over yogurt and honey. The items ordered were sufficient to share for 3 people and came out quickly and were hot and fresh. I will definitely go here again. This is also a great place to meet friends before going to the Verizon Center.

1 Thank ADKFIX