“Incredible food, loud atmosphere”
Review of Zaytinya

Zaytinya
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaytinya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,326 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G St.
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown station. 9 th & G St exit on the red, green and yellow lines.
Description: Zaytinya offers an innovative mezze menu inspired by Turkish, Greek and Lebanese cuisines, under the direction of renowned chef José Andrés, served up in a sleek and modern setting. Shared small plates, creative cocktails and unique Mediterranean wines make this spot one of DC’s top dining destinations.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I come here almost every time I visit DC (annually) as the food is that good. Terrific small plates of Turkish, Greek, and other Mediterranean food with a fusion flair. Hard to go wrong here. Always a vibrant social scene. Outdoors seating is probably less noisy, as the noise inside can be overwhelming.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have now been to Zatinya twice and it is my new favorite restaurant in DC. It is great to share and be able to try several dishes as they are small plates. I love the Mediterranean dips that we always start the meal with. Everything is fresh and perfectly flavored. Always worth a trip- I can't imagine someone being dissapointed even if you are a tough food critic!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

What fabulous food. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. The idea is to order 2-3 small dishes per person. Tremendous flavours, recommend the kibbeh (beef tartare with bugler wheat), melon olive and feta salad, chicken soup, mushroom couscous, baba ghanoush in particular. Great wine selection from Greece, Lebanon - we had Chateau Musar rose - went perfectly with the food. After having eaten at restaurant discovered Chef Jose Andres trained at El Bulli!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good, interesting Mediterranean food. The restaurant is all about little dishes. So that one dish for $10 will not fill you up. You'll need two or three, hence the $$$ three dollar sign rating on Yelp.
The little plates were definitely tasty.
The boys like the pizzas. They shared 3 between them and nibbled off our plates. We had so many plates, I don't remember them all. I remember liking the Imam Bayildi, Cerkez, Garides Me Anthio, and loved the Seasonal Mushrooms. I did not like Urfa Biftek. It was rare almost raw.

We were attracted by the large crowd and high review on Yelp,
however, be forewarned that this place is dressier, slightly off the beaten tourist path. While we were treated well, the only other family with kids here were all dressed in collared shirts. I just read the restaurant's website and it suggests upscale casual but business to business casual would be more appropriate.

(It did take quite a while to get our bill. I noticed in many restaurants in DC it took a while to get a bill even though all other aspects of the service were good. Perhaps people tend to talk after dinner, hence the reason for delayed bills.)

1  Thank happytravel14
Reviewed July 14, 2013

First time back in many years---and much better than I remembered! Extensive menu, and everything we ordered was far above average: favorites were the mushrooms, cauliflower, lamb and scallops. Turkish delight dessert was unusually good. And we enjoyed some interesting cocktails and Lebanese wine. Our server was very knowledgeable, engaging and efficient. Overall, a very good night out.

1  Thank W S