“Genius Food”
Review of Zaytinya

Zaytinya
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaytinya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G St.
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown station. 9 th & G St exit on the red, green and yellow lines.
Description: Zaytinya offers an innovative mezze menu inspired by Turkish, Greek and Lebanese cuisines, under the direction of renowned chef José Andrés, served up in a sleek and modern setting. Shared small plates, creative cocktails and unique Mediterranean wines make this spot one of DC’s top dining destinations.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Zaytinya is a unique dining experience. Prepare for a creative blend of Turkish, Greek and Middle Eastern flavors combined in small servings and delivered to your table just one or two at a time. The complexity of the combinations in each "mezze" (as the dishes are called) literally command the diner's attention so don't be fooled into thinking that everything needs to arrive at the same time. Savoring each of these delights before moving to the next provides a meal that becomes the conversation. Order two or three mezzo for each of the lucky ones at your table and share everything. We will most definitely be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,806)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went there during restaurant week. Very interesting choices. Love the puffed bread served hot and steamy, it's fun. Well prepared food. Tried 'Clean Monday' for drink, refreshing.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

WEnt for dinner, had the butternut squash hummas, a bunch of cheeses, and a bunch of plates/ My sis and i shared everything was great.. the two bottles of wine were great as well, the server was great very helpful!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

A friend and I met in DC and ate here on a pleasant day in October. My friend arrived before 11 30 and was able to snag a booth. We had been here before (sweveral years ago) with a mutual old friend from college but I couldn't remember the food from that visit - so I didn't know what to expect.

Ambiance - open, airy, uncluttered, could be noisy, perhaps... but we were seated toward the front . Comfortable and commodious in the booth for only two of us!

Our waiter was attentive and enthusiastic. At the end of the meal (no rush), the manager came over and asked how we liked the meal. We gushed, of course. Margaret Hagerty, move over!

Food: We had 4 small plates that we shared and one was better than the other. Sadly, I can't describe them since the visit was over a month ago. All were vegetarian. Hummus, baba ganoush (sp?), a beet salad....that's the best I can remember. Sorry!!

You won't be disappointed, whatever you order.....I'm sure.

I'll be back! For tourists, the location is good, across the street from the Portrait Gallery. When I'm an old lady, I'll buy a condo within walking distance of Zaytinya and eat here everyday!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Celebrated a friend's birthday at this gorgeous restaurant. The food and drink were impeccably executed. So creative and fantastic in flavor and presentation. Overall, a wonderful time.