“Standard Sports bar/restaurant atmosphere”
Review of Rumors

Rumors
Ranked #703 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch around 1pm and were greeted and sat immediately. My first thought was it is your standard sports bar and probably a cool night spot. Wood tables , floors and walls. They had some outdoor seating available too which would be nice in warmer weather.

We sat in the front of the restaurant in a bright room with lots of windows. Allowed for people watching. We ordered two sandwhichs and waters and bill came to $21. Food was very good but took longer then we had expected since restaurant was pretty much empty. Only two other tables occupied that I could see. Menu was American food with nice variety. Mostly sandwhiches and salads but did have some fish options and a breakfast menu for lunch.

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel and we were pleased!

There are newer reviews for Rumors

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I can not say enough about this place. Besides the great food, the service was exactly what my wife and four children needed at that moment. Walking around Washington DC was tiring and we needed a place with great food, friendly-fast service, and reasonably priced. We recieved all of this here.
But the absolute top reason we will probably never forget this place and will definitely return again is Mike The Manager!!!!! He was by far THE MOST helpful and delightful person we have met in a restaurant. He made my family feel welcomed not just at Rumors but to the whole city. He took time with us and was able to anticipate our needs, especially our childrens before we even were able to realize what we needed. Thank you so much Mike from The Smiths from NY.
In summary, go to Rumors, ask for Mike and enjoy your time!!!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stopped in for lunch while in DC on business. The waiter was very good and offered some tips regarding the menu. I had the cheeseburger, and it was great! Very reasonably priced for the quality of food and service.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Almost all the food is good, except their "teriyaki" which is no "teriyaki" in fact. Kind and outgoing service. Good food and wines. Even a terrasse on which you can sit and enjoy your cigarette. Would recomment the place !

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a very strong 4 star review. It is almost a 5 star. The service is outstanding. They make you feel welcome and are very attentive. Your want is their command. The food is really good. And varied. They have outstanding italian dishes (very flavorful). Most you can have either chicken or veal. And they have very good seafood. The crab cake is as good as any I have had. They will tell that it is all crab and it is true. The cajun food options are just ok. They are not the most flavorful. I go to New Orleans a lot so I have very high expectations for cajun food. And it did not meat those. The food is an excellent value. The portions are very good and the prices are very good for DC standard. If you looking for hip it is not the place for you. They have a full bar and some wine options as well. The atmosphere is basic (but very friendly) I really enjoy the place and highly recommend it (not for the special occasion but every day dine out experience). I go often (every trip to DC).

1  Thank rdavidjones1964