“Classis dining experience”

Ristorante La Perla
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante La Perla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3,484 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 26th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Transit: We are located within a walking distance from the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station which is serviced by the Blue and Orange Lines.
Description: The restaurant of choice of many distinguished diners and restaurant critics, Ristorante La Perla of Washington, located near Georgetown at the tail-end of the historic Pennsylvania Avenue, takes its diners on a culinary journey through Italy with elegant decor surpassed only by authentic mouth-watering Italian masterpiece cuisine. During Lunch and Dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while prime meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables roast to treat diners to a little bit of heaven, with a long lasting memory for your taste buds, thanks to the vision of famous chef Vittorio Testa, who has kept alive the Italian culinary tradition for over three decades. Chef-Owner Vittorio Testa will make you feel like you're dining in his house. The waiters exceed expectations, and the space is garnished with painted tiles and Venetian glass to make every dining occasion a memorable one. There's also Private dining and Outdoor seating when the weather permits.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first dining experience at Ristorante La Perla and I hope it won't be my last. A business colleague suggested this and it wasn't a dissapointment. If you are looking for a classic dining experience, this is it. The decor, food and service were outstanding.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited Ristorante La Perla earlier this week and enjoyed a magnificent meal accompanied by detailed and attentive service. The menu is extensive and filled with a great variety of special homemade sauces. Throughout the evening we had several personal visits from Chef Testa who ensured that our dining experience was perfection! The dessert case is filled with exquisite Italian cakes, pastries and other goodies which are all very tempting! The room is adorned with beautiful Venetian Glass lighting and artistic ceramic wall tiles and fountains. I've dined here many times and have always had an experience similar to the one I am describing - highly recommend this place!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I ate at La Perla during a trip to DC in 2012 and all I can say is WOW! I had the seafood lasagna. It was so great that I have promised to go back there when I get back to DC. I am actually planning a trip to DC in a couple of weeks which is what made me think to write this review. Its been a year and I'm still thinking of this place. I live in South Philadelphia, home of world famous Italian Restuarants that have stood the test of time, so I'm picky about my Italian food. I would definitely recommend this place. Particularly for couples. It is a little fancy/upscale but not stuffy.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife's steak was under cooked and then over cooked. The chef took it upon his own to send to my wife an unrequested order of Veal Marsla which she is not fond. My food was mediocre at the best. Thought that the food was over-priced for the value served

2  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ate here after reading the reviews in Tripadviser. Completely overrated. Very overpriced average Italian fare, seems to be trading on reputation rather than substance. The whole experience certainly didn't justify the $200 for 2 price tag. Left feeling very disappointed.

1  Thank BigBadBoab