“Best Italiant Restaurant. Even Leonardo di Carpio went there!”

Ristorante La Perla
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante La Perla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 3,284 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 26th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Transit: We are located within a walking distance from the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station which is serviced by the Blue and Orange Lines.
Description: The restaurant of choice of many distinguished diners and restaurant critics, Ristorante La Perla of Washington, located near Georgetown at the tail-end of the historic Pennsylvania Avenue, takes its diners on a culinary journey through Italy with elegant decor surpassed only by authentic mouth-watering Italian masterpiece cuisine. During Lunch and Dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while prime meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables roast to treat diners to a little bit of heaven, with a long lasting memory for your taste buds, thanks to the vision of famous chef Vittorio Testa, who has kept alive the Italian culinary tradition for over three decades. Chef-Owner Vittorio Testa will make you feel like you're dining in his house. The waiters exceed expectations, and the space is garnished with painted tiles and Venetian glass to make every dining occasion a memorable one. There's also Private dining and Outdoor seating when the weather permits.
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have been to many Italian restaurants in different countries (including Italy) and I have to say this is the best so far. It has many own creations on the menu so you would not be bored by the standard fare. The service is warm and prompt. The deco and ambient is elegant. And their dessert menu is extensive!

There are newer reviews for Ristorante La Perla

Reviewed November 4, 2010

Had dinner there on October 30. I don't mind spending money for a really good meal, but was disappointed here. The angel hair pasta with tomato sauce was good, but everything was halfway seasoned or halfway presented. I usually think the reviews here are all negative and I am actually writing myself but it is to save you, because there are so many really great restaurants in DC. We went to Cafe Milano (not far from La Perla) for drinks afterwards and it had a really good vibe and the food smelled great and apparently a good chance to see celebs. Our drinks were good an potent. To show I am not so negative, I will be writing a review to highly recommend the Hyatt on Capitol Hill to stay and use the AAA rate to possibly get a surprise complimentary breakfast, here the hotel is pricey but well worth it!

Reviewed October 16, 2010

We went here for supper and ended up only have mussels for appetizers. The waiter could not answer any of my questions about the dishes. This is not to say that all waitstaff is miserable here. I listened to the next table over's waiter regale the Canadian guests with numerous stories. Our waiter, on the other hand, could not tell me if they made the pasta in house or not. English was not his first language and he just agreed with all my questions. The mussels were divine, perfectly simmered in a thin sauce tasty enough to drink. The bread was only mediocre, but dipped in the sauce it was like the proverbial manna. I do not know if I will return.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

I recently had the opportunity to dine at this wonderful restaurant and met the owner who goes by "Vito." This Italian restaurant really serves authentic Italian cuisine. Everything from the table setting to the lighting to the fresh pasta (made by Vito himself) to the deserrt was completely wonderful. The only thing I wish were if it were a bit cheaper. A complete dinner for 2 came to $160 after tip! But it's important to remember that it included, wine, coffee and desert at that price. I recommend this great restaurant to anyone who wants to experience true Italian!

2  Thank redeyedog
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Ate at La Perla for a work dinner. Group of ~15 people sat at a long set of tables along the windows on Pennsylvania Avenue. Nice interior, warm and charming. My first course was a spicy clam chowder, which was absolutely delicious: intensely flavored tomato base with lots of little clam pieces (and a few big chunks). Main course I had the lobster medallions in garlic and wine red sauce with linguine. Again, very intense tomato flavor, lovely melding of spices and garlic, huge chunks of lobster all mixed in with al dente pasta. The chef came out twice during our meal to ensure we were enjoying ourselves. I had the Coppola Shiraz with my dinner, which was a nice mix of fruity and spicy/smoky. Dessert offered a plethora of choices, including the usual suspects: cannoli, creme caramel, tiramisu, various cheescakes, and at least 5 flavors of gelato. I chose the white chocolate/raspberry cheesecake to take home to my husband (as I was too full to eat dessert), but had a taste of a coworker's pistachio gelato, which was tasty.
Overall, I (and my party) had a very enjoyable experience at Ristorante La Perla, and I will be coming back on my own with my husband in the future.