“Nothing but Curry”
Review of Rice

Rice
Reserve with OpenTable
Rice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #569 of 3,342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rice is located on the 14th District where there are many choices of restaurants, which i had experience. Rice was recommended by some locals for Asian fusion cuisine, but not sushi. The restaurant is narrow in design and layout; deem lighting and very modern decor with contemporary music in the background. I arrive alone and sat at the bar as the dining area was full. The bar is small and room for 4 people to sit comfortable. The ambiance was alive, definitely a place for socializing. I love curry and their red curry seafood was delicious! It was served with green-colored, flavorful rice. Seafood pieces were fresh and large in size; perfect proportion, and I left satisfied. I was greeted by an attractive hostess and escorted to the bar, however, once there, after a while, I had to asked for the menu and wine list to the male bartender. The menu is written in cursive, so with deem lights, you may rely on the illumination from your wireless device to read the menu...or maybe I just need glasses.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I agree with many of the posts. It isn't the fanciest place to go, but the food is good, service is quick, and the price point is reasonable for DC. We can walk to a lot of restaurants, but we end up at Rice with some regularity. It is fine for a small gathering, but it can be loud for a large group. I hosted a 4 person business meeting at dinner that did not go well b/c we could not hear each other. Having said that, my wife and I have had many nice dinners at Rice and have it on our regular list.

Enjoy! Mike

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We love Thai food, have visited most in town, but always return to Rice. The food and service are excellent and extremely consistent - real "comfort" food. It can be noisy when in full swing but the great food is more than worth it. We eat here more often than any restaurant in DC.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wouldn't say it's the best Thai food you'll ever have, but for DC standards it's pretty good. It's not too expensive, and they have some creative things on the menu. If you're in the mood for Thai, I'd check it out.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I find it strange that so many of the reviews about Rice are just "so-so." I recently visited with two friends from Denmark, and we throughly enjoyed literally everything about Rice. We had made a reservation and were enthusiastically welcomed by the host who promptly seated us. The entire staff was extremely friendly and personable; of course, those are typical Thai traits and characteristics!

The Tom Kha Ka soup was fantastic; perfect way to start our meal! I followed up with the Red Curry Chicken, which unlike the viewer two posts below said, did NOT at all taste like a can of tomato soup! It was spicy and delicious...and all three of us have been to Thailand!

I'll definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone looking for great Thai food, excellent prices, and an amazing ambiance!