“Decent food, but nothing special.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Decent food, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Serving sizes are way too big. We gave our leftovers to our companions otherwise half our food would have been thrown away (we were staying in a hotel). Our group of four were seated promptly, Service was not speedy, but we were not in a rush, so it was ok. Luckily we knew the portions are large, so we did not order appetizers. It made for a meal that was little too much one-note, but if you have large appetites or live locally and enjoy left-overs this place would be great. If the portions had not been so large I would said prices were high for the relative simplicity of the food, but since you could have two meals from it, that makes it more reasonable.

Visited March 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I long for the days when it was a neighborhood secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I almost don't mind seeing a few negative reviews if it means those of us who live in the neighborhood could just walk in any time, like we did back when Antonietta and Roberto first opened Pasta Mia. Ah well, we can dream...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frankfort, Kentucky
“I have been humiliated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have been humiliated. We are visiting Washington as a family for the fist time in years. We read the reviews for this restaurant and decided to try it. We came in and the the patrons seated next to us told us that the portions were large so when we ordered we ordered two meals so that my wife and I could split our large portions with our children.
We ordered two 17.00 meals and a caraff of wine. We had plans to order desert and more wine but we were cut short.
We waited aprox. 20 minutes after ordering, eating the bread brought to the table and drinking half of our wine when the young waiter returned to our table and informed us that there was a minimum of 16.00 per person apologized but said that we could not eat here if we did not up our order. ( this info is on the menu btw at the bottom, but we didnt make it to the bottom of the menu before ordering). I was slightly embarrassed but decided this was not for our family and asked the waiter to bring our bill for the wine and that we would leave. He mentioned that he would talk to the owners and would come back.
HUMILIATION, an italian woman came to our table with a menu and a bill for the wine. She showed me in front of many people sitting around us that the menu said 16.00 minimum. I said "give me the bill for the wine and we will leave. She then became agitated and said that WE HAD EATEN THE BREAD AND SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR THAT. At that point the only thing that kept me from losing it, was the fact that I needed to be an example to my children. I handed this horrible woman the money for the wine and sought out the waiter to give him a tip. After all, I think he was almost as embarrassed as I was. We left this degrading establishment and will never return.
I hope many people will read this and not patronize this business. We were sent out on the street to find food elsewhere because we didnt order enough initially. The ironic factor is that we probably would have spent well over our pre defined amount if we were given the chance. So sad.
Finally, we have been to Italy and NEVER were we treated like trash. True Italian spirit embraces the family experience, not so at Pasta Mia's.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank nathann1
Washington, DC
“Unimpressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Do not understand all the fuss over this place. Food was just okay and service lacking

2 Thank DCMermaid_10
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Big Portions, Decent Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

The food isn't anything extraordinary, but the portions are huge so you have leftovers. Each customer has to order worth $15 minimum, so you can't share...I don't really understand why they have these rules.

2 Thank Traveler x