“Delicious!!”
Review of Montmartre

Montmartre
Reserve with OpenTable
Montmartre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 3,323 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Came here for dinner, and it was fantastic. We started with the calamari special, which was cooked to perfection. Not too rubbery, and veggies were just the right amount of crispy.

I had the rabbit as my main dish. It was very tasty and tender. My friend had the mussels & they were very plump and had a light delightful flavor.

1  Thank Peime2c

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Montmartre is a delight. It has delicious bistro food in crowded close quarters (just like Paris), with a nice wine list. Save the airfare to Paris and be happy in DC.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow this was a great find in Washington, DC. We have numerous appetizers and they all were great. I had the duck leg confit and really enjoyed it. The dish was really good and substantial. I enjoyed a glass of Woodford Reserve Bourbon before the duck arrived which was great. Great place.

1  Thank rockbottom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son-in-law took us to this restaurant for brunch. We are not familiar with the DC area at all so this was quite a surprise to find this local gem. I ordered the Quiche Lorraine and it was the best I ever had.I also tried some of the french toast and it was delicious served with freshly whipped cream and berries. Interesting items on the menu and unique flavor combinations. Everything was extremely well prepared and presented. We even tried 2 of the desserts and they were great as well. I am hoping to go back on our next visit!

1  Thank djoann958
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had no idea such good French cooking could be found on Capitol Hill. The beef bourguignon was authentic and delicious. Each of the soups were superb. Portions -- even of the starter salads -- were generous. To my further surprise, free curbside parking after 6:30 pm was readily available. Very informal. Good service. Decent value. The room is simple and small (so reservations may be a good idea; we went on a rainy weekday without a reservation).