“Great atmosphere, horrible food”
Review of Medaterra

Medaterra
Reserve with OpenTable
Medaterra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #372 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Egyptian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: 24th St. NW
Transit: Woodley Park-zoo Metro Station (Red)
Reviewed June 29, 2013

A couple of friends and I made a fun trip to the DC Zoo and decided to take a short drive further into DC to have dinner at the Medaterra. We chose this restaurant for the Mediterranean flavor and outdoor seating on a beautiful Saturday evening. Because it was the weekend, our wait time for a table outside was 15-20 minutes and it was totally worth it.
My friends and I had a variety of dishes and we thought that the best dish was a bowl of french fries. Besides the fries, the food was horrible. I would not recommend this restaurant for their food but they have a great location in DC and perfect for happy hour with friends.
In terms of the staff,service is a very important part of dining experience. Our bartender Angela was funny, professional and possess a great attitude but our waitress Roni was not very attentive and very impersonal.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The humus was delicious and the sangria tasty. Our mail meal was OK. The ambiance was nice outside under the umbrellas.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I enjoyed my meal at lunch (1/2 roasted chicken and fries) but my companion did not enjoy hers. She had the crabcake sandwich and didn't even finish it. They were out of Baklava and the service was pretty slow.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went in here for a quick lunch since it was close to the Marriot's conference centre. Was pretty empty inside and the place had a slightly strange smell, maybe they had been cleaning recently or something. The food is ok, huge portion sizes as I've come to expect here but certainly nothing mind-blowing. On the plus side their happy hour specials seem to be very good value and the staff were perfectly friendly. Hardly worth a trip but perfectly acceptable if you're looking for a quick bite in the area.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The food was good. The menu was varied. Not a lot of atmosphere, but we went for lunch. Might have been better at night.