“Good food, fast service.”
Review of Medaterra

Medaterra
Reserve with OpenTable
Medaterra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 3,236 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Egyptian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: 24th St. NW
Transit: Woodley Park-zoo Metro Station (Red)
“Good food, fast service.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick dinner and was not disappointed. The food was good, not the best, but not bad at all. Ther service was good and we recieved our food rather quickly. The portions could have been a bit better, but for a quick meal this place is better than most.

Connecticut
“Good food but noisy”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Good food and a nice atmosphere but it is quit noisy/loud with the crowds that frequent it. Roast chicken was tasty and somewhat tender. Ribeye and salmon dishes were great too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank C H L
“Good food, ok atmosphere”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant near Woodley Park Metro. The prices were reasonable and service was good. Hummus was excellent as was the shrimp salad I had. Not a fancy place, but still great little place for lunch, snack or dinner!

1 Thank Cricket1964
Calgary
“Terrific seafood”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Ate out on the patio for supper. Really good food and service. We went with a large group one night and they were great with us. Really good margaritas.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank G G
Florida
“Tasty food but could be a little better”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I walked to Medaterra from the National Zoo and specifically chose this restaurant because I wanted to try some unique ethnic food in the city. I came in at around 1:30 pm and the restaurant was empty except for the waitress. I ordered the Egyptian Bean Salad and the Lamb with Goat Cheese salad.
The bean salad looked kind of bland and boring at first, but after my first bite I was hooked. The beans were marinated in some sort of oil that was very tangy and tasty. The beans sat on a leaf of spinach (I think) and the whole dish itself was filling. It came with a basket of pita bread as well which was good for dipping in my dishes. My lamb and goat cheese salad was very tasty and full of flavor too. However, I did think it was a bit hard to cut the lamb (I love lamb when it falls off the bone), and even though it was called Lamb AND goat cheese salad, there was just one dollop of goat cheese on top of the salad. I think it would have been much tastier if the goat cheese was spread throughout the salad and in more quantity. The salad came with a tasty vinaigrette as well as yogurt too.
What I did find odd was that my entrée came out mere seconds after I received my appetizer of the bean salad. I didn’t mind much but I could see that this might bother someone else.
I enjoyed my meal here, but I don’t think I would come back for a second time. I was looking for very ethnic, tasty food and although the bean salad was tasty, I think the lamb could have been cooked a little better in my lamb and goat cheese salad.

• Visited December 2012