“They know what they are doing!”
Review of Matchbox Pizza

Matchbox Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Matchbox Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 7th and H Street
Transit: Gallery Pl-Chinatown (Red, Green, Yellow);Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange
Falls Church, Virginia
“They know what they are doing!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've actually visited the Matchbox in Chinatown several times, both for brunch and for drinks and apps before a Wizards or Caps game but this review is prompted by a visit to their newest location in Virginia. They just opened a new location in the Mosaic District in Northern VA and I went for dinner a few nights ago. The space itself is gorgeous and their staff is efficient, friendly and knowledgeable across the board. They have a wide range of items on their menu and the beer list is equally impressive. Their pizzas are thin and crispy, their appetizers are just enough and the options for non-meat eaters like myself are great. I ate the black bean bahn mi sandwich which is basically a korean twist to a veggie burger and was amazing and spicy! The boy had tuna tartar app and a pizza which I was able to snag a bite of and both were delish. Our server was friendly and actually had come from another location downtown to help out and was very attentive. Highly recommend their brunch if you get the chance but any meal is enjoyable.

• Korean first
Oak Park, Illinois
“Delish!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was my first time in DC, but a local recommended this place and I was not disappointed! It gets really busy (I was there on a Thursday night), so make a reservation. I had the Matchbox Punch and a pizza and it was great -- if I wasn't by myself I would've wanted to try the sliders, too! The server was very friendly and attentive -- I highly recommend it...

Aruba
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Need to get reservations. This place is always busy. Good pizza and salads. Staff very attentive and friendly.

Visited April 2013
parsippany, nj
“Good casual pizza place”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Ate here on a Monday night, made reservations with open table. Walked in and was seated right away. Alot of people waiting. Our server Adam was great. I had the chopped sald (minus the bacon) the larger size and my DH and I shared the fire and smoke pizza. The pizza was good, but not vey hot/spicy. I thought it was over charred..... all the cheese was black. I had the brownie for dessert and I could not finsh it. Over all a nice casual dinner in DC.

La Canada, California
“Good food and well priced”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great place for a casual dinner. Enjoyed the thin crust pizza dough and unique topping combinations. Couldn't believe how busy this place was but it's hard to find a well-priced place for dinner in the downtown area. Worth a visit.

Visited April 2013