“Great subs”

Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best subs in DC. And if your from the NJ or NY, you will really appreciate this place. Super fast service. If they look busy when you enter, don’t walk back out. Your sandwich will be ready before you know it.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Have been frequenting this hole in the wall sandwich mecca for the last ten years whenever I visit my buddy in DC. I only go for either the famous G man or Big G sandwich. They make one mean Italian hoagies for sure. People working there are super friendly and efficient!

2  Thank asiana747
Reviewed December 22, 2017

I have been coming to this hidden DC gem since the 90s. At lunch time, before and beyond, you'll find D.C.'s finest at this spot. It's not about the crowds that are attracted to this place, but the sandwiches! The Italian G-Man cold cut on a hard roll are to live for! This sandwich is comprised of ham, salami, mortadella, pepperoni, fontina cheese, provolone cheese and oregano and the toppings/condiments of your choice. You can opt for the regular G-Man which has plenty of meat, cheese or for a couple dollars extra you can size it up and get the Super G-Man. I have been a customer of this business since the mid 90s. You won't find a better, fresher or tastier Italian sub around these parts! You won't regret the visit!

2  Thank RoyalTnDC
Reviewed October 16, 2017

After several years away from D.C., we returned for a visit and couldn't wait to go to Mangialardo's again. They still have the best sub ever (G-Man or Super-G on a canoed hard roll). And they are welcoming, as always.

1  Thank DSNAustin
Reviewed September 5, 2017

The best damn italian cold cut I've ever had in my life! To be honest, I've been hesitant to write a review about this place. Not that my word is bible and everyone will flock after my post lol but after visiting, I realized the cat is already out the bag!

It opens at 7:30 am just to allow for the demand. I thought they served breakfast sandwiches but no. Do what know and stick with it. All the local law enforcement, government workers and secret service agents all over the DMV flock to this deli.

One of my clients bought me a sandwich during a showing. I don't usually eat, tomatoes, onions or anything other than turkey or chicken on a sandwich. Since i didn't have the opportunity or order the sandwich myself, i decided to give it a try as is. The moment I took my first bite, i felt like the scene from Ratatouille when he ate the cheese and strawberry at the same time. What a spark! It was like a new discovery. Pure bliss in a bite. Mouth-gasm. I love food and I'll plan my day to visit this place before closing.

The people with 1 or 2 stars obviously don't have a significant palate or they just want something to complain about. They may have just ordered the wrong sandwich but the BIG G is where its at!

I don't just give out 5 stars willie nillie. Humor me, try it and let me know what you think.

1  Thank Brittney C