La Lomita Dos Pennsylvania Ave
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nothing fancy here. This place has been around longer than I can remember. The family that owns the joint is very friendly and want you to enjoy your meal. I always do.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I use to go to the one located at 13th and Penn, the level of food and service has seriously decreased. We decided to check out this location. BAD IDEA!! A roach crawled across the wall next to our table, my friend took his napkin to kill it. I got the waiters attention and showed him what happen, the waiter went back to the bar area. I thought a manager would come to the table to at least apologize, the waiters would not look our way. Finally, I ask to speak to the manager, the manager then says they would take off the food portion of the bill. Of course, I told her we were not paying for anything. I told her as the manager, she should have immediately come to the table and apologize, she explain about the exterminator had come the day before, which seems odd because if that was the case there should not be any roaches. We had gotten half way through dinner, when the incident happened. At that time, we were discussing the food and drinks which were just ok, we would continue our search for a good Mexican restaurant because so far this place has been a dissappointment.....

3  Thank Rena1222
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We've eaten at La Lomita a few times since we first discovered it about a year ago. The food is good and the value, for a restaurant on Pennsylvania Avenue on Capital Hill, is even better. We've found the service to be very friendly and speedy. A salad lover, I generally get the fajita salad and often take half of it home. I particularly like the fresh salsa.

We are subscribers to the Folger Theater and because of its value, good food, and quick service, we general eat at La Lomita before the theater. We park halfway between the two sites and have only a two-block walk in either direction. We've never made reservations, but never had a problem getting a table for an pre-theater dinner.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have been here 2 or 3 times, most recently for a work lunch. The food is decent and prices are good. The service is fine but nothing really stands out. You will be full when you leave and probably won't have anything to complain about, but also nothing to write home about.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Food is only average - not much spice or flavours. They must have standard salad and rice on each plate waiting and then add the dish you order. Service cant be faulted though. We didn't have the sizzling plates and they looked good so maybe it was the food we ordered.