“Great service ”

Vapiano
Ranked #215 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great service ”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Interesting restaurant for Chinatown ! Fantastic service, wonderful food in a great atmosphere. We were with a group , and everyone was happy.

• Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice find”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This was a great find the setup is interesting order and pick up food and sit where u like full bar the food is cooked in front of u and made to your specifications food is not expensive which I found hard to find in DC definitely going back here when I get back to district

“Great concept, great food, but employee gave my lost phone to a phony..”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I visited Vapiano's in Chinatown for the first time on Saturday 3/15/14. I was greeted outside by an employee who was friendly who then led me to the front for a Vapiano's card since she was out of them. I loved the concept of this restaurant. You line up to order from any of the stations which include pasta, salad or pizza stations, and sit wherever. You are even allowed to sit at the same table with strangers. I lined up at the pasta station and spoke to the cook who was very friendly, patient and helpful in my selection. With his help, I ordered the pesto e spinaci with chicken. He added his final touches to the dish and provided me with fresh bread. This dish was YUMMMM. I could not finish it all and was given a nice 'to go' container.

UNFORTUNATELY, I had to use the bathroom. Based on a lack of countertop, I placed my cellphone on what I believe was either the silver papertowel holder? (can't remember what it was). I forgot my phone in the bathroom and it was gone when I retured. I asked the cashier if someone turned it in. Someone did turn in two phones: a black, and a pink cased iphone. I advised her my phone was a red cased iphone. She stated someone turned in the iphone and while they were turning it in, a young lady who was with a large group of teenagers was standing nearby and upon overhearing, claimed it was hers. She asked the girl to describe it and it was described as an iphone in a pink case. The cashier turned it over to the girl. She said she couldn't really see the color too well. I was a bit upset because I felt the cashier could have taken the time to put the phone under the light to see that the phone was red and not pink. If the girl lost a phone, wouldn't she immediately come and report it lost instead of waiting to overhear a phone was found? Moving forward, based on the set up of the bathroom, it is clear that a lot more people may make the same mistake of leaving their phone, and since nothing can be done to change the set up, the cashiers should at least have people identify their cell number and call the phone. To the cell phone thief, please understand the power of KARMA.

I enjoyed Vapiano's but based on this disappointing experience, I will not return. I recommend others try the experience, just hold on to your personal property in the bathroom, as well as at your tables.

• Visited March 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
“Delicious and great price”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I'd never been to a Vapiano before but I'd heard it was good from a friend. At this eatery you find your own table to sit at even if that means sitting with strangers which was fine by us. Then you decide what you want and go line up in the appropriate line (pasta, salad or pizza). My girls both wanted pasta. We were about the 6th people in line and the line took about 20-25 minutes because the chef makes your order fresh in front of you after you order. No one was in the other lines so I scooted off and got a salad and came back before my girls made it up to the front of the line. Between three of us we split the bolognese and carbonara pastas and I also had a side Ceasar salad. The pasta dishes were both excellent and large portions. The pasta is made fresh and has a wonderful chew to it. The salad was also excellent but a little on the small side. I really wanted to try a pizza because it looked so good but there was no way we would be able to finish the food so maybe next time. We were so full we couldn't even think about dessert and we still took home leftovers. The bill for the meal was $24. Not bad for an excellent meal in downtown D.C.

Visited February 2014
Silver Spring, MD
“Loved the concept - great place to relax on New Year's Eve!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just stopped by for dessert and drinks on New Years Eve. I look forward to going back for dinner soon with my daughter - age 9 - I think she'll love this place. The desserts - small delicate portions of Tiramisu, Panacotta, Cheesecake - all delightful and sensibly sized. Cucumber mojito was lovely.

The food looks fresh and tasty - the hostess told me they will make pizzas in the shape of bunnies and fish for the kids!

• Visited December 2013