“Worth the money”

Transit: McPherson Square Blue and Orange Lines
London
“Worth the money”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went here as it was close to my hotel and I wasn't disappointed. The food was excellent, service was quick and all the staff seemed attentive to my needs. It's not the cheapest, but the cost is worth it.

• Visited September 2013

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Fresh, seasonal, sustainable”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friend and I accidentally stumbled upon DC Coast last night after a meeting on K street. We were so pleasantly surprised! I ordered the melon gazpacho to start and the grilled peach salad. Both were perfectly prepared and unexpected. I loved how fresh the the ingredients tasted and the presentation of plate itself. The chocolate banana Napoleonwas to die for and I hear the scallops are fantastic but haven't had to chance to try yet. Our waitress, Jamie, was absolutely fantastic. We'll definitely return!

• Visited September 2013
“Great place for late lunch; upscale”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dropped by on a Monday at 1:30 pm; no waiting for table and excellent service. Jambalaya was absolutely fantastic. A bit pricey by lunch standards, even for business lunches. They threw in a small side salad and that was much appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
“A dining experience worth the cost”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful dining expedience at DC Coast. An upscale seafood restaurant on 14th Ave.
The scallops were fresh and perfectly cooked. The salmon was also cooked to perfection.
Our server Luis was charming and delightful.

a nice wine list allows you to find an appropriate accompaniment to your meal.

Manville, New Jersey
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I ate here tonight for our one year wedding anniversary, and all I can say is that it was a huge disappointment. I wasn't impressed by the choices on the over-the-top fancy yet very limited menu, but my husband was proud of himself for surprising me and making a reservation, so I didn't have the heart to ask to leave and go elsewhere.

I first ordered a Shirley temple to drink, because I had been craving one... This came out and tasted very odd. The server must have noticed that I barely touched it, and informed us that it was made with fresh squeezed cherries and it wasn't a normal Shirley temple... This is a fancy place, so I guess that's a nice touch. Didn't taste very good though...

Next, I ordered the crab tower entrée, where I was informed that they were out of soft shell crabs, so I had to get a crab cake instead... Ok, fine... But I was surprised to hear that they were out of something so early in the evening, especially when the menu is so limited.

I must say that my crabcakes were good... Not spectacular, but good. Kind of a small portion for $35, but a good crab cake is always expensive, so this wasn't a big deal.
My husband got the fish stew which was very delicious.

Unfortunately, towards the end of my meal, we saw a roach crawling on the wall onto the window directly next to our table, so at this point, I was very upset and just wanted to get out of there. For $35 a plate and up, you don't expect to see a roach.

Things that were good: The service. Our waitress was very very sweet...The décor was beautiful... The food was good....

Overall experience? Not the greatest. I wanted to love it, but I was very disappointed.

1 Thank Singx19