“GREAT BEER AND GOOD DINNER”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Berlin

Cafe Berlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Berlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 3,200 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Transit: Union Station on the red line is only 3 short blocks away.
ft lauderdale, FL
“GREAT BEER AND GOOD DINNER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

Well, to be honest, we were looking for more of a selection of wursts (sausage). There were only two types, one of which we did not want (white). So, we opted for the Pork loin, which were Pork chops and not loin. However, they were smoked and tender, so they were pretty good. The potatoes and sauerkraut are delicious. The sauerkraut is not the typical sour kind, but more on the sweet side, the way real sauerkraut should be. The beer was fabulous - called Spaten Maybock. I like a beer with a little bitterness and a lot of alcohol. This was it. The service was very good and the atmosphere good also. The only reason I am not giving the food a 5 is because they did not have knockwurst and they were chops and not loin. Our total bill without tip came to $85.14: 4 beers $28 2 Dinners $37.90 1 Dessert $5.50 and 1 after dinner drink $6.00 Tax $7.74. Was it worth it: Yes. When we are on vacation we splurge. And the only place we can get good German food in South Florida is Epcot.

Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,686 helpful votes
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

I celebrated my birthday at the Cafe Berlin. The food and service were exceptional. I thought I was in Bavaria. This was a great dining experience.

1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Pensacola, Florida
“Expected good, but it exceeded expectations.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife & I took my son and his family to Dinner at the Cafe Berlin. He had just returned from six years in Germany. The Food was very good as was the beer. The atmosphere was reminiscent of a gasthaus in Germany. My son & his wife loved it. The Owners and waitresses are german/ bavarian and really contribute to the authenticity of the experience. Well worth you time and money.

2 Thank 1straveler
Dublin, Ireland
“what a gem of a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

i came across this restaurant on an internet search and had to visit and i was not dissapointed. the big draw was that they serve german beer which i love. but the german food was excellent. having lived and worked in Germany, it was like being back in Hamburg or Munich.i made a reservation for saturday 19th june, from the moment my wife and I entered we were brillaintly looked after. service was excellent and the beer was great. i had saurkraut and sausage which was perfection, my wife had pepper steak which in her own words, just melted in her mouth. it is not what i would call an expensive place and definately value for money. i would love to return and i would highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank lazarus4
New Hampshire
“A bit of Europe in Washington and a Hidden Treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I had dinner at Cafe Berlin on Saturday evening , June 12, 2010... We had researched TripAdvisor for a different place to have a special last evening on our recent trip to Washington, DC... We agree wholeheartedly with the great TripAdvisor reviews given for this bit of Germany tucked away in converted Townhouses along Massachusetts Avenue, just a few blocks from Union Station.