“A Great Experience”
Review of Cafe Berlin

Cafe Berlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Berlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: German, Central European, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Transit: Union Station on the red line is only 3 short blocks away.
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,717 helpful votes
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I celebrated my birthday at the Cafe Berlin. The food and service were exceptional. I thought I was in Bavaria. This was a great dining experience.

1 Thank CJTravelerTexas

Pensacola, Florida
“Expected good, but it exceeded expectations.”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife & I took my son and his family to Dinner at the Cafe Berlin. He had just returned from six years in Germany. The Food was very good as was the beer. The atmosphere was reminiscent of a gasthaus in Germany. My son & his wife loved it. The Owners and waitresses are german/ bavarian and really contribute to the authenticity of the experience. Well worth you time and money.

2 Thank 1straveler
Dublin, Ireland
“what a gem of a place”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

i came across this restaurant on an internet search and had to visit and i was not dissapointed. the big draw was that they serve german beer which i love. but the german food was excellent. having lived and worked in Germany, it was like being back in Hamburg or Munich.i made a reservation for saturday 19th june, from the moment my wife and I entered we were brillaintly looked after. service was excellent and the beer was great. i had saurkraut and sausage which was perfection, my wife had pepper steak which in her own words, just melted in her mouth. it is not what i would call an expensive place and definately value for money. i would love to return and i would highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank lazarus4
New Hampshire
“A bit of Europe in Washington and a Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I had dinner at Cafe Berlin on Saturday evening , June 12, 2010... We had researched TripAdvisor for a different place to have a special last evening on our recent trip to Washington, DC... We agree wholeheartedly with the great TripAdvisor reviews given for this bit of Germany tucked away in converted Townhouses along Massachusetts Avenue, just a few blocks from Union Station.

Taos, New Mexico
“cold bolony salad??”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I ordered the salad and when it arrived I asked what I ordered, they told me in German that this is what I ordered. I said it looks and tastes like cold bolony, Yea that what it is. So I told them to take it back, I would not eat it, and they charged me for it. Not worth the $9 worth of bad feelings and a poor report.