“Eclectic Menu”

Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave.
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #366 of 3,465 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Nebraska Avenue
Transit: N2 & N6 & N8 buses
Description: Come enjoy our Contemporary American Cuisine, casual sophistication, and generous hospitality! We are the quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Washington DC. Don't miss our seasonal menus, Weekly Specials, Weekend Brunch every Saturday and Sunday featuring Endless Mimosas, Half Price Wine Night every Wednesday, Happy Hour daily from 3:00pm to 7:00pm and all day on Monday and Tuesday, or our beautiful patio offering some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We also offer private parties (including private cooking classes), and offsite catering for any occasion (We also deliver with DoorDash!). We look forward to welcoming you soon! Cheers! Chef Geoff
Reviewed October 31, 2013

While in DC with friends, we had dinner here Sunday night. The calamari was very good. Our table had shrimp and grits (even better than last time), steak and fries (good steak, fries OK), and 2 pasta dishes (both very good). The service was great and the restaurant had a nice ambiance.

I had the steak and fries and the reason I said the fries were OK is that they were really a potato, garlic mixture formed into rectangular 'planks' coated with bread crumbs and fried. Not what I was expecting so that didn't hit my spot but the steak and green salad was very good.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave., responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall visit! I shared your note about the garlic fries with our chef team so that we can make sure we're executing that dish correctly every time. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Chef Geoff's dozens of times. I went back this weekend for the first time in a long time and it's just as I remember. I had an axing brunch, fried eggs, bacon, sausage and a great potato hash. It was great.

While their brunch was great, it's hard to ignore their happy hour (all night on Mondays and Tuesdays). 5 dollar high quality burger with fries or 8 dollar pizzas wet the appetite, and to quench it... Super mugs... 32 ounces super mugs of domestic/craft or import delights. A must if you're in the neighborhood.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave., responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy your visits with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My mom turned 100 on September 7. On that day we had a birthday luncheon for a group of 8 friends and relatives. Chef Geoff's event staff did a superb job of helping organize this and even printed a special menu for us, because we wanted to limit the choices of entrees and desserts so a lot of time would not be spent ordering. The entrees were great -- mushroom ravioli, Moroccan salmon or fish tacos, guava cake, flourless chocolate cake or a lemon soufflé/mousse all served with ice cream and some fruit preparation were the choices. Service was excellent. I truly recommend.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave., responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

God afternoon Phyllis,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate with us and for sharing your very nice note here on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Chef Geoff has a good reputation for its hamburgers so I was excited to try one. It certainly was tasty and cooked as I requested but it was greasier than I expected from a quality burger. I didn't expect the grease to be more than a burger from Five Guys. The roll was also too small and thin for the burger. The weight of the burger together with its grease thinned the bottom of the roll to the thickness of cardboard. The service was friendly and helpful and there was good atmosphere.

Good morning,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. While I'm pleased that you received friendly service, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your burger. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire team. I have shared your comments with our chef and management team.

We hope you will dine with us again in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I anticipated a dinner of memorable, distinguishing food, but a combination of things made the evening less than a quality experience for me. My friend and I made a first time visit on Monday night about 7:45 p.m. It was a full house, no patio seating available, but we got a table for 2 right away inside. Unfortunately, it was directly in front of the step-up from the bar area to the elevated dining area. There was a good deal of foot traffic past our table. We could have been seated at a table for 2 along a low wall divider, but the hostess chose this empty table for 4. Lighting was dim.

My $12 glass of cabernet was served in what I consider a white wine glass, with no room to 'swirl'. We were never asked if we wanted an additional glass of wine or another N.A. beer. (Glad to see Kaliber instead of the sad O'Douls we are usually offered.)

I told the waiter we had never been to Geoff's. He did suggest 2 entrees. My friend tried the Shrimp and Gouda Grits. He said it was excellent. I chose an executive chef dish featuring snapper and was disappointed. The fish was very dry - crunchy actually and the vegetable accompaniment that it topped was way too salty to enjoy. I wouldn't order it again.

We sat for a good while without any food. Eventually were served fresh bread. In passing, our waiter asked if the salads had arrived? He then did bring them to the table. The salads (caprese and kale) were excellent.

We had good, strong coffee (again never asked if we wanted re-fills); no dessert. My friend said he definitely would go back. I'm not sold on it.

Our waiter was personable and provided pretty good service. Atmosphere was vibrant and casual. Happy birthdays were going on and at one point, a customer had a can of whipped cream emptied on her head! Nice layout and setting.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave., responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Good evening Lee,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. While I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed some aspects of your visit, I'm sorry that overall it wasn't what you hoped for. We hope to really wow our first time guests and it sounds like we missed the mark this time. I have reviewed your notes with our chef and management team so that we can address our mistakes. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for sharing.

I do hope that you will dine with us again in the near future. I would be happy to personally assist you with a reservation so that I can ensure your next visit is great. Please let me know if I can further assist in any way.