“prices are going up up and away!”

Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave.
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Nebraska Avenue
Transit: N2 & N6 & N8 buses
washington dc
“prices are going up up and away!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have been eating at Chef Geoff for years. It used to be a very good restaurant and it still is very good. I mean the food is good. The service is good. It is a very noisy place. But what I find very frustrating is the prices. Recently I went with a friend and ordered 2 burgers with fries and a bottle of the cheapest cabernet sauvignon (red). The price with taxes and tip: $82 !!! Do you believe it? For 2 burgers???????????

Hard, very hard. Not sure I will come back if the prices don't come down a bit.
I think I'm not the only one thinking that. There were quite a few empty tables when we were there...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank josieWashingtonDc

Alexandria, Virginia
“great food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went on Monday which is half price wine night and it was a great deal! I ordered the Barolo and it needed some time to breathe.
We ordered small plates of shrimp dumplings, tuna sashimi, and a salad. The wine started to open up and everything was great.
I want to add that the waitress we had was very helpful, and one of the managers came around to express appreciation for picking out the Barolo on half price night.
The whole experience was very good...we did sit outside on the patio which was perfect for the weather and yes, I'm going back again.

• Visited April 2013
Hong Kong, China
“A busy reataurant when service is compromised”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were a table of 7 including a little boy but were given a rather small table where you can barely land the dinner plates. We don't mind as the restaurant is really busy even on a Monday night and of a less convenient location. We soon found out why cos the food is really nice, wines were 50% off on Monday swhich is a great bargain. Service was okay, I'd say it's adequate. You don't expect white gloves service in a hip, busy reataurant anyway.
One thing really spoilt my night was their servers keep kicking at my chair as they busily moved around. Our table is somewhat in the middle of the restaurant and en route to the toilets. Ironically when other guests walked by, they were all very cautious, smiled, excused themselves n tried not to cause any disturbance. If guests can do that I started to question why the servers doesn't care? My chair was kicked at least 20 times through the meal and it is the 'care-less' attitude that puts me off.

Visited April 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Yummy Salads!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Six of us had an early dinner at Chef Geoffs the other day while visiting someone at American University. The atmosphere was lively, the service was great, and the food was very good. All of us ordered salads, some with soups. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The kale salad was especially good (see photo). Very crunchy and fresh and tasty. Prices are a bit high, but probably normal for NW DC. After 5 pm, the parking is free, which is great! We would definitely come back when in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Neighborhood Place in Georgetown”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visited Chef Geoff's on Thanksgiving Day. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I thought the portion sizes were large. My only issue is that nothing really impressed me as different/special, that is why I gave this place a 4-star and not a 5-star.

• Visited November 2012