“Fantastic dining experience”

Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Metro Center & Red Line
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Absolutely delicious food, very good wine and unique cocktails. My wife and I walked in after an afternoon flight to DC and were pleasantly surprised at Ceiba. Looking for a light meal, I made selections from the appetizer and sides menu while my wife followed the waiter's recommendation of the vegan sampler plate. We were both completely satisfied with our selections that paired nicely with a Rioja blend. After thoroughly enjoying the meal, I became intrigued by the desert menu and chose the flan. A traditional flan was served with a biscotti-style cookie and a few orange slices; the flavors and textures came together to create a unique twist on one of my favorite deserts. If you even think you like rum, try "the old cuban" cocktail. If I had three thumbs, I would give the food, drinks and service 3 thumbs up.

1  Thank Mark P

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Dinner was great. We had a party of 4 and everyone was more than satisfied with their food. The chorizo fundido for an appetizer was fantastic, and they even made us some Pupusas as a special order. (For anyone who doesn't know what a pupusa is, its a Salvadoran staple, which is always a treat to find in a restaurant in the states. it is very well located, very close to the Reagan building and the White house. The ambiance was nice, it was a higher end restaurant, but not too fancy to be snobby.

2  Thank worldtraveler602
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had fabulous drinks and food at Ceiba. We visited several locations and this was definitely our favorite. If you want something different, try this excellent
bar/restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We hadn't been in a few years, but it was as good as before. We started with Pisco Sours, We did the pre-event dinner. I had the bean soup (without the crema) and the sugar-cane-skewered shrimp, my wife had the salad and the FEIJOADA. All were very good, but none were truly outstanding. We got our two desserts to go. The flan was really excellent, but the chocolate mousse was quite disappointing, with almost no chocolate taste.

1  Thank arthurman2
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My friend and I decided to check this spot out. I have no regrets. The food is so delicious. Especially the guacamole!!! I love me some guacamole! It's been a while since I've been here so the menu may have changed but I do remember the pork sandwiches which were delicious and the plantains which were good as well. The atmosphere is very chic. I wish it was a little bigger but the size is pretty decent. I would recommend and go back! They're not open on Sundays though :(

1  Thank Meant2beMint