“Best bar food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CEIBA - CLOSED

CEIBA
Cuisines: Latin, American, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Metro Center & Red Line
Casper
“Best bar food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had fabulous drinks and food at Ceiba. We visited several locations and this was definitely our favorite. If you want something different, try this excellent
bar/restaurant.

Visited March 2013

McLean, Virginia
“Consistently Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We hadn't been in a few years, but it was as good as before. We started with Pisco Sours, We did the pre-event dinner. I had the bean soup (without the crema) and the sugar-cane-skewered shrimp, my wife had the salad and the FEIJOADA. All were very good, but none were truly outstanding. We got our two desserts to go. The flan was really excellent, but the chocolate mousse was quite disappointing, with almost no chocolate taste.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank arthurman2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My friend and I decided to check this spot out. I have no regrets. The food is so delicious. Especially the guacamole!!! I love me some guacamole! It's been a while since I've been here so the menu may have changed but I do remember the pork sandwiches which were delicious and the plantains which were good as well. The atmosphere is very chic. I wish it was a little bigger but the size is pretty decent. I would recommend and go back! They're not open on Sundays though :(

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Meant2beMint
Cincinnati, OH
“Great flavors and personal service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a late weekday dinner there and were very impressed. The tuna tartar taquitos were very unique with an explosion of flavors that all complemented the delicate fish.
I had the salmon and my only complaint would be that I could have used a but more habanero in the dish (but that's being picky). The llapongacho side was very good, especially the garlic aioli.
My wife got the scallops and they were perfectly cooked.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MrFrump
Massachusetts
“Interesting food; excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went with adult daughter on a Friday evening. Immediate and attentive, but not hovering, service thruout the meal. Started with mixed ceviche - all seasoned well and different. Both had margheritas and sparkling water - the latter of which was filled continuously throut the meal from a chilled bottle nearby. For entree daughter had seared chilled tuna and I had duck breast - both attractively plated with nice sides. Portions were fine - but this is not the place to go if you judge a restaurant by how much food the can pile onto a plate. Dessert - she had churros with dark chocolate sauce and I had passion fruit tart, again both excellent. Nice decor, tables far enough apart for conversation. Also a nice bar area and with the multiple unique appetizers available would be a nice place to sit over drinks with shared appetizers. Several reviews here indicate they brought kids - I do not see this place as really appropriate for small children. Service is perfectly paced, but quiet ambiance and adults enjoying quiet meals and conversation make this a less-than-ideal place to bring kids.

• Visited September 2013