“Good everything at Ceiba”
Review of CEIBA - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Metro Center & Red Line
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a wonderful dining experience at Ceiba. First, the dining room is quiet, so table-mates can converse easily. Second, our waiter promptly brought us cocktails, then knowledgeably answered all our questions about the imaginative menu. We both chose Causa (?) (a beautiful plate of sushi tuna atop crema surrounded by heirloom cherry tomatoes and varied Peruvian potato cakes), but all the entrees seemed innovative and attractive. Indeed, our whole experience-- quiet, good drinks and great innovative food, knowledgeable and unobtrusive service--was so enjoyable that we son will return.

1  Thank 8Joe8
There are newer reviews for CEIBA

Reviewed August 25, 2013

OK, I've been to lots of South American countries, and have had almost none of the offering at Ceiba, BUT so what? The food is unique, perfectly prepared, nicely presented, and tastes GREAT! The service is impeccable and it's a happening place to dine, although a bit pricey, so be careful with the yummy drinks!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had reservations and were seated right away. The server brought what must be toasted flat bread with a dipping sauce that was very good.

We had lunch during restaurant week but I wasn't that hungry so I ordered their version of a Seafood Cobb salad. Everything was fresh and perfectly ripe. The shrimp and salmon were cold and cooked well The avocado was great. Just the right amount of dressing!

My lunch companion had the Restaurant week lunch. It started with empanadas which we shared--excellent! The dipping sauce was spicy but not too spicy and very flavorful. He then had salmon and churros--both of which he pronounced excellent!

The restaurant was not too loud--I could hear my companion, and the service was prompt, polite, and professional.

Very, very nice!!!

1  Thank StLawrencelover
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had not been here in a while but a co-worker and I enjoyed a great “restaurant week” lunch here today. We picked it because they let you pick your entrée from the main menu- a rarity. The appetizer of Golden Tomato Gazpacho was smooth, sweet and peppery. Our main dishes were excellently prepared, flavorful and filling- I enjoyed the GRILLED SHRIMP & SCALLOP ANTICUCHO” while my co-worker feasted on LOMO SALTADO MONTADO. The desert flan was creamy and perfectly done. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive, even bringing caramel popcorn as a final extra. Can’t wait to return, but we won’t wait for restaurant week!

1  Thank 555JenniferL
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having found this restaurant on Trip Advisor on our recent visit to DC, it was really excellent.

The stone lava is not only novel but brilliant, plenty to share between 2. Had the Brazilian fish stew recommended from another reviewer and it was truly excellent, the rest of the family loved their dishes as well. Good wine list.

I understand 14th street is the happening place now, hard to believe there could many better though!