“Delicious food, attentive personnel”
Review of Bistro Francais - CLOSED

Bistro Francais
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin Ave & 31 Street
Transit: Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom-GWU (Orange, Blue lines)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, attentive personnel”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This place offers calm atmosphere, great variety and quality of food for a decent price, great service and is conveniently located on the most scenic street of Georgetown - M Street. We really enjoyed our experience here.

1 Thank Denis S

VATravel36
“Very Good Brunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is an excellent authentic french bistro with excellent food and above average service. This is not a hoytie toytie high-end restaurant with pretentious atmosphere. It is a true bistro with high-class food.
I highly recommend the Oeufs Bénédictine or Eggs Benedict for all of us that don't remember high school French.
Certainly a place for a repeat brunch and even a late night affair, but other times can be rather hectic with the traffic in Georgetown.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank VATravel36
vancouver
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Good food, service, coffee, somewhat French. Nothing to complain about , we would stop by again, just nothing to knock your socks off.

• Visited May 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Standard~go for the escargot & the fries”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My friends ended up going to this place because cafe Bonaparte had an hour wait and we were leaving DC that day.We settled for bistro Francais,I was very excited to try their egg Benedict and I was not impressed.I went for egg Norwegian,nothing special,but my friend ordered the escargot,boy it was amazing.The french fries were really good too.I had a Bellini which was good,but would recommend mimosa.The decor is very impressive,luxe...staff were not the friendliest and they made a mess out of card,but it's ok. Honestly I don't think I'd go there anymore since I only want the most amazing food when I travel,but to each their own.It's a little pricey

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rose L
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, good food and service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

just had a great evening at this restaurant. service pretty good by mostly knowledgeable staff. good quality international wine list and no problem sending back a bottle I just didn't like. the avocado with crab starter was really good as were the mains of tuna, duck and steak. desserts a bit limited but good coffee and no rush to push us out as we lingered long past 11 pm.

Visited April 2014