“Looks nice but tastes poorly”
Review of Bistro Francais - CLOSED

Bistro Francais
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin Ave & 31 Street
Transit: Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom-GWU (Orange, Blue lines)
“Looks nice but tastes poorly”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Place looks great and service is fine. Food is very poor though. Soup too salty, bread too hard, fish not fresh and overcooked, presentation poor. Me and my wife can cook better. Trout was not occompanied by patato/chips/rise. Not worth the visit.

melbourne
“Great lunch deal suprise”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there today. Looked nice place and lunch deal 2 courses for $16.95 seemed ok. Could not fault food or service. This was surprisingly good on a busy Sunday lunch time. Would highly recommend a try if you are in Washington Georgetown.

• Visited September 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Food Great, Service Needs Attention!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We enjoy Bistro Francais because it is in our neighborhood. We decided to take advantage of summer Restaurant Week. There were some very good choices for a three course dinner for $35.00 per person. My husband tried the bouillabaisse which he really liked. I tried the sautéed ray fish which I have never had before and it was terrific. My son and I also really enjoyed our first course which was a delicious mussel soup. The desserts are classic French desserts like a Napoleon and fruit tarts which are good but not the best desserts I have ever had. I do not go to Bistro Francais for the desserts however. What was not great this evening was the service. It was slow and inefficient. It was very difficult specifically to get a refill on a beverage. What was really strange was the restaurant was less than half full. I don't know if they were understaffed but it was really not acceptable at this price point. They need to be better.

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Best steak I've ever had”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

As part of a tour we stayed in Washington for two nights and were brought here for an inclusive meal. I was expecting to get the same pretty average quality and quantity we had received in most of the other included meals on the tour, standard fare for a large group who probably won't return so who cares how good it is? How wrong I was! I chose the soup over the salad, which were both excellent. Then a steak. This is possibly the best steak I have ever eaten. Absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection The dessert too was superb. Our waiter, whose name I didn't catch, was charming, professional and had only recently arrived from Bordeaux. The ambience was relaxed and the whole experience was memorable. If I should ever get back to Washington I will certainly visit this restaurant again, and again, and again. Recommended 150%

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Great find, good value”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a large group. Staff very friendly and helpful. Steak was out of this world, dessert absolutely brilliant. Comfortable and a good ambience. Excellent value. Central for all the action.

2 Thank Pedroofpobla