“The best onion soup in the town!”
Review of Bistro Francais - CLOSED

Bistro Francais
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wisconsin Ave & 31 Street
Transit: Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom-GWU (Orange, Blue lines)
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well,I have been to this place more than 5 times and each time I order onion soup (it is $10) for sure!I am trying onion soups at every french restaurant in the town,and for now noone beats them. Try the caesar salad-i like it without chicken. I don't like the desserts here that much though. The atmosphere is romantic during dinner time. Always some nice retro or french music. The waiters are usually nice. it is a little bit expensive if you compare with other good rertaurants in DC area. I have tried fish and chicken during my previous visits and i enjoyed my meal very much. This time i ordered lamb brochettes with potato cake. it was a dinner special of the day. i liked the lamb, it was soft and tender.i liked the quantity of spice in it. The potato cake was a bit salty. I paid 41.69 excluding the tip for onion soup plus lamb. I would come back here again for my favorite onion soup!if you are in town for christmas and there are nowhere to go, bistro francais is open on that date and has a fix menu for $55 excluding the wine. I saw the menu and it has options for meat and seafood lovers.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been dining here since they opened in 1975. Their Poulet Bistro is still the best roast chicken and french fries I have ever eaten. It's like a little slice of France.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Although our server was not great, the food was really enjoyable. We had pate, a soup and the smoked salmon eggs benedict. Everything was excellent. The hollandaise was home-made and perfect.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick breakfast and it was quick and tasty. Service excellent and the tastiest Omlet I've eaten in a long time and a delist onion soup too

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been coming to eat Steak Frites at Bistro Francais for over 30 years. Although the restaurant has other classic dishes and daily Pre Fix specials (which I have tried), nothing satisfies more than their Steak Frites. Enjoy a nice raspberry tart and a specialty coffee and you've had a nice night.