“Very nice - glad we went”
Review of Baked and Wired

Baked and Wired
Ranked #1 of 98 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were in Georgetown during May and wanted to try Baked and Wired after reading good things on Tripadvisor about it.
We bought 3 cupcakes between 4 of us which was just about the right amount and at $4 each we didnt think that was expensive (well not compared to UK prices anyway).
We walked past the store on Memorial Day and there was a queue outside so went back a few days later and there was no wait.
The staff were patient and helpful as i guess they get lots of people who take their time deciding which of the lovely offerings to choose.
Already looking forward to going back again later in the year to try some of the other cupcake flavours we didnt get this time around.

1  Thank greg h

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We are staying in Foggy Bottom and just checked this place out.

The most delicious moist spinach and feta quiche I have ever tasted. Great goats' cheese and rosemary savoury. Divine red velvet cupcake and another cupcake, I think it was called a Rasmanian devil, was also gorgeous.

I would highly recommend a visit to Baked and Wired. We are staying in the area for 5 nights and will definitely be back to this bakery...

2  Thank Lizziebackcourse
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The coffee/drinks are separate to the cakes/sweets area which means less wait time to get that cupcake or brownie into ya! There are so many cupcake flavours to choose from and they all look great! We got a brownie to share (the honey one) and it was delicious - rich, silky and dense batter with sweet nuts on top in an icing. A must for the sweet tooth!

1  Thank AliceB_NZ
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to three different places to get cupcakes, pies, ice cream cookies and coffee. We picked B&W based on Trip Advisor's reviews. There is inside and outside seating. Talking to other diners they all loved their desserts. The ice cream sandwich was amazing; two homemade chocolate chip cookies covering a one inch slab of vanilla ice cream then rolled in chips. Nice way to take a break from sightseeing. Awesome...

2  Thank Christine R
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stopped in to Baked and Wired during our DC trip last week. We ( well, ok, I) wanted to try a DC cupcake place and selected this one based on reviews. The shop is really bustling. There are sweets on one side and drinks on the other. Personnel are pleasant. The cupcakes, however, were disappointing. I had the chocolate ganache cupcake, and my husband had carrot cake. Neither of us finished them. Just nothing special...and I thought the frosting tasted kind of canned( though I am sure it is not). For me not to finish a chocolate desert is pretty much unheard of. These just did not have that much flavor or interest. I can see we are in the minority, but I wish we had tried someplace else. Oh, and they are expensive, so if you go, be prepared.

2  Thank jrgeorgia