“Cupcakes worth traveling for”
Review of Baked and Wired

Baked and Wired
Ranked #1 of 86 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Virginia
“Cupcakes worth traveling for”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It is hard to believe on a Friday evening in D.C. a bakery would have a line out the door, but for this place it's absolutely worth the wait. The staff passed out menus to those of us outside and another kind lady passed out free samples of lemon cake (oh so good!). The cupcakes are amazingly rich and unlike anything you'd get in a store. Service is quick and friendly. As mentioned by others, the coffee line is separate (and shorter when we visited), so pick the correct line and save a little time. I will surely return every time I'm back in D.C.!

2 Thank Hatzlacha

London, England, United Kingdom
“Not sure about the 'baked' but the coffee is great”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was worth wondering off the high street to find this place for two reasons: 1 - I had a 'Tallat' - which is a great coffee (less milk, more flavour); 2 - I discovered the adjoining canal which is a lovely feature I hadn't even realised existed.

3 Thank HughB15
Dodge City, Kansas
“Fun, quirky bakery with great staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Baked & Wired
This is a such a fun place! Baked & Wired is famous for its cupcakes, and the establishment is divided into a coffee bar and cupcake haven. The cupcakes themselves had handcrafted signs with the ingredients listed under fun names and a little doodle. I believe mine was called the Unporked Elvis - banana cake, peanut butter frosting and bacon (optional). It was dense, but very delicious! I do not remember the price, knowing it was expensive but it was so good I didn't really care!! (When you're in D.C., price is a funny concept I've found.)

Toward the back of the bakery, there are a variety of seating options available, surrounded by doodled-on napkins that patrons leave on the Baked Wall. It was fun to read some of them!

The staff was super-friendly and helpful when recommending not only cupcakes but great eateries in the area that we would have missed if not speaking to a local (il Canale coming to mind).

I will definitely return to this great place! My only regret is not trying out the coffee bar. I guess that's as good an excuse as any to return!!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank lukebunker
pa
“Super sweet, but yummy!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We tried the Vanilla, strawberry, & carrot cake cupcakes. The vanilla was probably my favorite as it was just right. The strawberry was too moist and way too sweet, the carrot cake was good but a bit too chunky for a cupcake. Although the cupcakes are a bit pricey they are worth it because they are huge! Can't wait to return to try more flavors.

1 Thank seetheworldb4ureyes
omaha, ne
“It's just as good the second time around”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Back to visit a second time - it's just so good and it is getting busier and busier!!! They not only have a beautiful presentation the cupcakes actually taste good. I will be back once again on my next trip to DC:)

2 Thank libbie5