“Worth the rating”

Ranked #1 of 98 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try out this place after reading the awesome reviews and becoming intrigued. I love Georgetown Cupcakes, but the line is just too long and I love good coffee more than super cute puppies. So I tracked down this hole in the wall shop and was not disappointed by any of the selections. The coffee was smooth and all of my friends and family were thrilled with the size, variety, and taste of the cupcakes. I was on a diet the first time I stopped in and got the Hippie Crack...soooooo delicious and healthy. I'd go back for that stuff alone. The only downside was that it was hard to maneuver since it was crowded and I had a baby carrier.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm a local and I love this place. Its at a great location just off M street, convenient to waterfront and all the shops of Georgetown. I always start off HERE, before starting my walking/shopping around Georgetown.
I noticed its rated #1 on TripAdvisor. #1 what, I'm not sure. Their cupcakes are pretty good but not sure it would be #1. Some flavors are better at Baked & Wired, but some flavors Georgetown Cupcake does better.
Their coffee is pretty good, one of the better places around DC. Their mocha is nice and thick and rich--warm, comforting and perfect in the winter. The iced version doesn't get too watered down after the ice melts because it is richer to begin with. They're also one of the few coffee places on the east coast that does latte art.
The atmosphere is great--you can tell its a place where students gather with their laptops for project meetups. The lounge area is bustling and comfortable looking--it fills up quickly but I think has a much better atmosphere than the other cupcake shops in Georgetown. There is a reason when I took post-wedding photos, my first stop was Baked & Wired.

So #1 cupakes? No I wouldn't agree with that...but it should be #1 at something. #1 sugar-and-caffeine-one-stop-shop-with-a-fun-and-hip-ambiance?

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Really confused by the #1 rating as these aren't even the best cupcakes in DC, let alone the best eatery. The cucakes are ok, but the cake is a little dry and not very flavorful, and the shape/constrcution of the cupcake makes it very difficult to eat. As touristy as it is, I still think for quality, Georgetown Cupcake remains the best. Also found the 2 different counters annoying, like it would only be eay to use if you've aready been there and already knew the system. Ok, but not great.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loves cupcakes. So I was happy to know there was such recommended cupcakes place near the hotel I stay in dc. But to be frank , they are not the best cupcake I ever taste. First look at the cupcake I was taken aback. They were huge and not those pretty types I'm used to see. In fact, there is no effort spent to make them look pretty at all. I tried 4 flavor, chai latte, rapsberry, chocolate and strawberry.The taste wasn't bad but not enough topping cream. Strawberry was the best to me. And for the chocolate cupcakes, I was given extra ingredient, eggshells. Really.. Eggshell in no1 cupcake in DC?? I think u can do better than that.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Im not that big on cupcakes but those are sooo good!
Highly recommand the strawberry and the texas ones.
Dont order the chai tea- they dont know how to make it properly...
But the cupcakes are worth every minute of waiting