“Very good but perhaps didn't make the best cake choice”
Review of Baked and Wired

Baked and Wired
Ranked #1 of 98 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Felt we had to visit B & W as quite unusual for a bakery to be the top "restaurant" in a major city We stopped for coffee and cake on a wet afternoon - it was very busy and they had run out of my first choice so I went for a coconut cupcake. I have to say that although it was very nice, it wasn't amazing. Maybe I just didn't choose well and it was hard as most things did look delicious. The coffee was the best all trip - I had a macchiato - it was very strong but after the insipid coffee in the hotel/breakfast places, it was very welcome!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Skip the lines at Georgetown Cupcake and come here instead - the baked goods and cupcakes here have witty names and they taste incredible. The place feels like a relaxed coffee house. I live in DC and whenever friends or family come to visit, I take them here (many ask about the DC Cupcakes show from TLC).

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here recently based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. It is a charming little cafe set off the hustle and bustle of Georgetown. It is next to the canals and we never would have known the canals were back there if we had not gone in search of the cafe. Incidentally, you should do a walk along the canals while you enjoy your treat.

We are not coffee drinkers so I can't comment on that but my husband got a chocolate peanut butter brownie and I got a caramel chocolate blondie and both were amazing. It was $8 for both but it was a nice little splurge. Both treats were freshly made and were substantial - the bag was actually a bit heavy! The cupcakes looked great as well but we had no room and probably couldn't have withstood more sugar. I would recommend this place any day over the ridiculous lines at DC cupcakes (we have one in Boston too - they are fine but...). If you are in Georgetown definitely save room for some dessert here. They have a huge selection and everyone will be able to find something they want!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

As always, my recent visit to Baked & Wired was amazing. The cakes are baked in small batches to ensure the best quality and are imaginative, delicious gorgeously decorated and BIG. I just tried their seasonal pumpkin spice and wanted to cry when it was gone.The red velvet, carrot cake and "Texas Sheet Cake" are also amazing.

My children love the "Unicorn & Rainbows" which is basically vanilla with rainbow confetti mixed in the batter and vanilla icing. The cappuccino is also hand crafted, delicious and gorgeous.

Don't play tourista and wait in the Georgetown Cupcake line -- go to Baked & Wired and have a religious cupcake experience with other DC people in the know.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I just stayed in Georgetown for a week, so of course walked to Georgetown Cupcake. On the way back to my hotel I popped into Godiva, and the nice lady there noticed my cupcake bag, and suggested that I might enjoy Baked and Wired as well. Wow was she right. Baked and Wired cupcakes are the best I've ever had. Moist cake that is great even without the icing. Interesting flavor combos...try the Pretty Bit-chin and Strawberry for sure. Razzmatazz is lemon with raspberry filling, and wow. I don't do fruit filling as a rule, since most are more of a viscous goo than anything resembling fruit. This filling however is sweet, tart concentrated raspberries, more like a compote than a filling. Flapjack is maple topped with candied bacon, amazing. I went back on my last day in the neighborhood and got an OMG bar, more cupcakes and an ice latte, all were wonderful. This place is a MUST.