“Great Margaritas!”

Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Great Margaritas!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on our way to spend the afternoon at the zoo. Many people were seated outside on a lovely patio, but we chose to eat indoors since we'd be spending the rest of the day in the sun. Service was prompt and good; we were seated with a basket of chips and some *delicious* fresh salsa, brought our drinks, then our order was taken. The menu is extensive, and prices are very reasonable, particularly for a tourist area. While the food was about average for what I'd expect at a Mexican restaurant, the margaritas were arguably some of the best we've had - not too strong, not too weak. The atmosphere was nice as well, with good music and interesting decor to look at.

• Visited May 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fun atmosphere, super patio, tex-mex-ish food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Having visited Alero at least a dozen times: it consistently delivers - friendly service, fun casual atmosphere and a terrific patio perfect for people watching and fun just across the street from the east exit of Cleveland Park Metro. Speed of service varies, but...with the right company and a Cadillac (top shelf) margherita, who cares? If dining inside, sit in the bar area for liveliness (happy hour atmosphere) or ask for a seat in the back for more quiet (more of a date night atmosphere). The food is consistently good, more tex-mex style than authentic Mexican, and you can't go wrong with fajitas. Overall, good value given location, location, location. If you drive, try snagging a free parking spot (parallel parking only) on Ordway Street, but note that its 2-hour parking unless you have a Zone 3 permit.

• Visited May 2013
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I loved the food the waitress was nice and good music!!!! I wish it was bigger but it's a big city they have a bar section and a restaurant section and dj is between both so you can enjoy music while eating really nice place

Visited May 2013
Washington, DC
“Crappy service lousy food worse attitude”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a party of friends. Took them literally 45 minutes to bring two measly and frankly lousy guacamole appetizers. Staff made lame excuses about the kitchen. Other tables seemed to be getting their food just fine. Over an hour later when we still didn't get our food I had a word with the manager. She was unhelpful and unfriendly. Finally the long awaited food arrived. It was cold and uninspired. The steak al paso was overlooked small and flavorless. Three soggy yucca fries accompanied it with a sad bowl of black beans. My companions' food was not much better. For a this the manager gave us one free round of beers (woo hoo) and thirty percent off. Should have comped us. If not with company I would have really demanded a full comp. as it was just leaving this dive was the best thing. Never again. There are great places for Mexican in dc. Alero is not one of them.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank globetrotterjon
Bethesda, MD
“Great Meal. Typical Fare, well done.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch today on a busy Spring Break weekend day. I had chicken fajitas and my husband had Beef Tostados. Both were very good. I received enough nicely marinated chicken for three full fajitas. It was accompanied by beans, rice, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce and tomatos. The chicken was moist and flavorful and cooked with green peppers, onions and a nice change, celery. It added a real crunch to the combo. The salsa and chips they served while we waited for our meal were excellent. The chips were the real thin and crunchy kind and the salsa was just the right amount of spice and flavor. My husband's tostados were crunchy and packed with lots of meat. Our waiters were very friendly and prompt. Refills of our drinks were done just on time. Great meal. I would go again. It was also very economical for downtown DC.

• Visited March 2013