“Brunch was ok...:-)”

Beacon Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Beacon Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #831 of 3,442 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 17th
Transit: Farragut North Metro--Red Line.
Description: Designer Walter Gagliano second visioning of BBG introduced a fresh, and romantic feel to BBG. Vermeer’s portrait of “Girl with a Pearl Earring” was the muse leading to creating the new look. “Our original goal was to bring the space to a cleaner more contemporary vibe, when we discovered the over scaled Vermeer print , originally created by Philipe Stark was on the market, our fondness for bold romanticism found expression and led our fabric and lighting choices in a different direction" stated Mr. Gagliano. Chef Steven Hunter introduces a new menu complementing the new look with his own re-interpretation of classic American comfort foods that are stimulating to the palate and eye, Chef Hunter states: “We produce our own charcuterie and fresh signature sausages from organic meats, ninety percent of our fish are sustainably raised or caught in the Chesapeake Bay area. ”We are committed to support local producers, who are dedicated to environmentally, sustainable agriculture.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had a great time eating here. The food was ok but the service by Alina was remarkable. She was exceedingly attentive and she made the food seem much better than it actually was...:-) The highlight for me were the omelets (perfectly cooked)..the rest of food was either - What a strange offering? or What is this missing?

Reviewed March 29, 2014

It was nice to have the option of having a drink or breakfast at the hotel during our stay. The breakfast was average. The wait staff were very pleasant at the restaurant and bar.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I went for brunch with a group of friends... the best part was the company not so much the food or price. This place was very busy and I have no idea why. The price of $35+ tax + tip includes mimosas but for people who don't drink it is not worth paying this price when you don't consume the alcohol. They should have an option for those who don't want the mimosas. The food in the all-you-can eat brunch is nothing out of the ordinary: waffles, toast, bacon, salads, eggs, fattening cakes, etc. I would expect some more unique dishes, seafood, healthier desserts, etc.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

After spending the afternoon walking around Washington D.C., I just wanted an easy meal. I chose the Beacon Bar & Grill because I was staying at the Beacon Hotel. It was good food. I generally have lower expectations when I eat at a restaurant connected with a hotel. However, this place was good. I started with a Late Harvest Salad to start, and that was excellent with a good mix of greens, a few cranberries and walnuts. For the main course, I had Conchiglioni with pesto, chick peas, mozzarella. The first half was fantastic, but after that the olive oil and pesto became a bit too much. Price was pretty reasonable for D.C. $8 for the salad and $16 for the pasta. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Breakfast is prepared properly and served promptly. The atmosphere is what you might expect in an upscale restaurant. But go there after 5:00 PM and it is a different story. It is loud,loud, very loud and understaffed. The severer was friendly and tried to be helpful but there were too many customers and too few of him. It is a convenient place to eat if you stay at the Beacon Hotel. But I would not walk or ride to go there.