“Amazing Mussels, Authentic Atmosphere”
Review of Bistrot Du Coin

Bistrot Du Coin
Ranked #287 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Bistrot du Coin opened its doors on Memorial Day of 2000 by Yannis Felix and Michel Verdon. The motto is French, Fun and Friendly, this is our guideline to bring you the best experience ever at Bistrot Du Coin. The word Bistrot is defined in French as a neighborhood restaurant where you can eat good food at a fair price. The typical color of a French Bistrot is pale yellow to brown (otherwise known as Bistre) because the walls used to get dirty quickly from nicotine. Bistrot Du Coin is also known for its parties, three times a year to celebrate famous French events such as Bastille day on July 14th, The Beaujolais Nouveau on the third thursday of November or The New Year's Eve.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This great little restaurant, halfway between Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan, is so like the many bistros I've enjoyed in France--crowded, noisy, crazy busy but the service is prompt, the food is great and they are good with large groups. I love getting the lunch portion of Moules Catalanes--with white wine, chorizo, onions, peppers, tomatoes and peas--and lots of bread to soak up the delicious sauce, all for under $10. You can't beat the price.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant is noisy, hot and cramped, but we had a great time. There were 10 of us, had reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. Service was excellent, although there was one order that came out wrong, which was blamed on the high noise level and the person ordering was the farthest from the waitress. Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is always bustling. The bar was full, but we got a table quickly. The front windows open to the street, so it was like sitting outside. The Hangar steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Killer Creme Brulee. (Skip the house wine - the other glass options are worth it.)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ate here because we happened to be wandering around the Dupont Circle neighborhood. It's a couple of blocks uphill from the circle. We hadn't planned to eat here, but I had heard of the place so I was expecting it to be good. I was waffling on which mussels to order and went with the waiter's suggestion of Moules Mariniere (white wine, onions, shallots, garlic, parsley). It was too bland for me. I wish I went with my gut. (I know what I like and I used to follow it. What happened to me?) For my main course I had hangar steak, which I found unedible-not because of the flavors but because of the tough piece of meat they had chosen (The best hanger steak I've had was at a French bistro back home BTW...and I don't send back food.) The dessert I ordered featured ice cream which tasted like it could've been bought at any chain supermarket. And this was actually the second most expensive total we had while we were in D.C. At least the atmosphere was lively.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The place is POP-U-LAR! Diners streamed in, often waiting in line. Once you are seated, you have any number of mussel treatments to choose from, all served with frites. Even Belgian beer, too - Leffe blonde served in Leffe glasses. Gosh, one might believe one was in Belgium!
Our waitress let no minute pass without something happening at our table. Order in. Drinks out. Bread and butter out. Soup out. Main course out. More of anything? Dessert? Check. I'm sure her technique keeps those tables turning over quickly all night.
However, no diners ever appeared rushed.
Fun evening in DC, especially for mussels lovers! Don't like mussels? Plenty of other choices for you.

1  Thank Duvel11Frederick