“Charming and Authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Mozart & Bar

Cafe Mozart & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Mozart & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Charming and Authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This quaint little restaurant is tucked back inside a German deli on H Street not far from the white House. It was like stepping back in time and into Germany. Though the food was not great, it was good. The red cabbage was yummy as was the German potatoe salad. I do not recommend the potatoe pancake. The service was good. The Mozart being played on the piano was the "piece de resistance". It was melodic and the pianist had a lovely touch. It is definitely worth a visit when in Washington.

Visited May 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Come for the food, stay for the entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had the vegetarian goulash for the main dish. That was okay, but I've had better. For dessert I had a gingerbread tort with raspberry jam on it. The tort was really hard on the outside and I had trouble sinking my fork in it until I got to the gooey raspberry center. The best part of the meal was the lovely Austrian woman playing the accordion for everyone.

• Visited May 2014
Bowie, Maryland
“Sadly, Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Ate here last night with my wife before show at the Hamilton--should have eaten there as the food looked good. The service was very good. We were seated immediately and our server was attentive throughout the meal. We enjoyed authentic German beer while we started with a sausage appetizer. Not bad, but not great--kind of bland. We each had Rahm schnitzel as an entrée; I had the pork while my wife had the chicken. Again, bland. Everything needed salt and in both our cases, the meat was over-cooked. Disappointed I spent $100 (including tip) for a very average meal.

• Visited April 2014
Washington State
“Excellent meal and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

After spending nearly five hours at the American History Museum, we were tired and hungry. We had parked in the parking garage next to the Cafe Mozart and planned to eat an early dinner there when we were done at the museum. The restaurant is in back, past the deli and small bar. White tablecloth elegant and cozy. The waitress was exceedingly friendly and helpful, giving recommendations of different menu items. Because we were the only customers at 4pm, the meals arrived very quickly. We had the Chicken Cordon Bleu with spaetzle and roasted potatoes and Goulash with tomato salad and roasted potatoes. The meals were DELICIOUS. Serving sizes were huge (I could eat only half of my meal). There was a bread basket with three types of breads too. Their menu had a good selection of German foods and there's a large amount of side dishes to accompany your entree. I was too full for the Cherry Blossom Crepes so I got a Lemon Cream Roulade to eat later at our hotel. Price for dinner, Coke and tax = $49. What a deal for such a nice experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JetLagQueen
“Cozy hidden restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is hidden in the back of a German deli (which sells lots of chocolates and other German wares). You don't actually see the restaurant itself from the street, and you have to walk through the shop and the bar to get to the restaurant itself. It's not large, and the decor is not particularly German. The menu, however, is typically German. The portion sizes are ample, and the flavor was reasonable. Prices were OK ($4 for soup, $22 for a fish entree with 2 side orders). The night I was there, a man in a tuxedo was playing classical music on a tinny upright piano. Definitely reminded me of dining in Germany itself (although only the manager was German).

Visited March 2014