“Great dinner for my birthday girl!”
Review of Vidalia Restaurant - CLOSED

Vidalia Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th St NW
Transit: Dupont Circle Red Line
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Too my girlfriend to Vidalia for her birthday, and we both opted for the prix fixe menu. Each and every item we had was delicious. The service was great (including putting her name on the menu!). We were in the back, tucked away into a private and romantic setting. As a beer drinker, I was disappointed at the beer selection, but the manhattan was a good substitution.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I went here Friday night while in DC. We got the tasting menu. Very good. Started with the foie gras, which was good but the weakest dish we had.Then had great crab cakes, shrimp and grits, I had the duck breast, my husband the special venison. I finished with the smores peanut butter chocolate desert. We spent alot of money on the meal but it was a special occasion. Our waiter was very good. The tasting menu was 78 per person and add'l surcharge for special items. You will pay to play but we found it very enjoyable and adequate wine list.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Prawn Grits is their signature dish. The hostess was very helpful with cocktail choices and dinner options. Great ambience but tricky location. It's not on 19th street but on the corner of 20th. The building however has the same address for the entire block!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Vidalia is one of Washington, DC's top restaurants. It has retained this standing ever since it opened several years ago. The selections on the menu of very unusual and very creative and unique.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Food is quite good and service is excellent with a very creative menu, i.e. Beaver Creek stuffed
quail. The sauces are tasty and subtle. Much more than a very high end mac and cheese place.
Vidalia's has culinary aspirations that are achieved, but expect to pay for it.