“Grilled seafood”
Review of Grillfish

Grillfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Grillfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St.
Transit: Red Line -Dupont Circle. 19th street exit, walk down 19th St. to M St., turn right. 2 and a half blocks to the corner of New Hampshire & M St. Blue/Orange Line -Foggy Bottom/GWU. Go left toward Washington Circle. Walk across Washington Circle to New Hampshire Ave. Walk 2 blocks on New Hampshire to the corner of New Hampshire & M St.
Description: We source the finest, sustainable & local ingredients to create handcrafted food & beverages. Our setting is unmatched and the best casual, neighborhood dining in the West End. The bar is ornately decorated with massive mirrors, large columns and a multitude of glowing candles. These, along with the open kitchen where flames leap from the grill, create a warmth and intimacy in a casual atmosphere.
Lisbon, Portugal
“Grilled seafood”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had pleasant experience in grillfish. Our dish (mixed grilled fish for 2) was good, oher dish (seafood with pasta for 2) was nothing special. Service was ok. Outdoor seats seem to be better option.

• Visited June 2013
MattMin, Guest Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thanks for reviewing Grillfish on TripAdvisor. We appreciate hearing your views.

I am glad that you had a pleasant experience last time you dined with us.

I look forward to you dining with us again soon. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Alexandria, Virginia
“great experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I dined at grill fish on a Friday and had a great time. I came in with a few friends and as soon as we walked in, we were greeted by a lovely young lady. We were very indecisive but our server Semere was very patient with us, he was knowledgeable and had wonder full recommendations. The food was phenomenal and the service was great, the whole staff seemed very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Grill Fish, and will definitely be back for a second visit.

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for reviewing Grillfish on TripAdvisor. We appreciate hearing our guests' feedback.

I am happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience last time you dined with us. I'm pleased that both the service and the food were outstanding. We look forward to you dining with us again soon!

Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Great lunch, good brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Service has been consistently good on my many visits. I love having locally grown items on the menu. The menu also shows a flair for creativity. Specials have been winners.

• Visited April 2013
MattMin, Guest Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for reviewing Grillfish on TripAdvisor. We appreciate hearing our guests' feedback.

I am glad that you have received consistently great service when you dine with us! Further, I am pleased to know that you enjoy our items that we source from our farm in Maryland as well as our chefs' daily specials!

WashingtonDC
“very mediocre brunch options; not recommended at all”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My partner and I went to Grillfish for brunch because we found a deal on Gilt City. Overall, it was sub-par compared to some great brunch options in DC, and seems to rely on hapless tourists from nearby hotels to drive business. Our Gilt deal consisted of sparkling wine with mixers, a dozen oysters, two brunch options and a dessert -- so I feel we got a good cross-section of their brunch offerings.

The oysters were pretty bad. The first ones we both had were actively bad and sour, even with the mignonette. Not a great start to the meal. The brunch options we ate were just mediocre. He had the frittata, which wasn't "bad," per se, just nothing to write home about. I had the crab cake eggs benedict, which came with the saltiest Swiss chard I've ever had. Had I paid $16 for the entree and $1 an oyster, I would have sent both back; but since we were basically getting it for free I didn't complain. The dessert, what a mess. We ordered the brownie ice cream sundae, and we received a melted bowl of ice cream with a hard brownie crust.

The service was fine, and everyone seemed to be ordering the sparkling wine with mixers, which weren't bad. The atmosphere of this place felt like I was at a Bennigan's -- very artificial with faux tapestries everywhere.

While this was only brunch and not the seafood offerings for dinner, the oysters were bad enough where I wouldn't recommend the dinner service either. In a city with great brunches, this one pales in comparison.

• Visited May 2013
MattMin, Public Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Jason,

Thank for your reviewing Grillfish on TripAdvisor. We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we rely on comments from our guests to maintain and improve our high quality of food, beverage, and service.

I am disappointed to hear that you had a less then satisfying experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not like you entrees, and I am particularly troubled by the issues with your oysters as we have our shellfish delivered fresh daily. You note in your review that you did complain about these issues at the time; however we wish that you had.

We encourage our guests to bring any issue, small or large, to the attention of their server or the manager so that the issue can be corrected and our guests can leave satisfied. Further, doing this can prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

We hope that you will give Grillfish another chance so that we can show you our best. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Virginia
“Terrific Happy Hour and Bar”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great Happy Hour prices, only available at the bar, and very engaging bar staff. Fun cocktails and much better than average bar food. Terrific value and quality.

Visited April 2013
MattMin, Guest Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks for reviewing Grillfish on TripAdvisor! We appreciate hearing our guests' comments.

I am happy that you enjoyed our Happy Hour selection so much during your last visit to Grillfish. I am thrilled that you experienced excellent food & service!

We look forward to you dining with us again soon! Thank you again for sharing your review.