“Fresh Seafood and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grillfish

Grillfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Grillfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St.
Transit: Red Line -Dupont Circle. 19th street exit, walk down 19th St. to M St., turn right. 2 and a half blocks to the corner of New Hampshire & M St. Blue/Orange Line -Foggy Bottom/GWU. Go left toward Washington Circle. Walk across Washington Circle to New Hampshire Ave. Walk 2 blocks on New Hampshire to the corner of New Hampshire & M St.
Description: We source the finest, sustainable & local ingredients to create handcrafted food & beverages. Our setting is unmatched and the best casual, neighborhood dining in the West End. The bar is ornately decorated with massive mirrors, large columns and a multitude of glowing candles. These, along with the open kitchen where flames leap from the grill, create a warmth and intimacy in a casual atmosphere.
Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Seafood and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every time I stop in this gem near DuPont Circle, I am treated to a delicious, fresh meal, the salmon being my favorite. I love their brunch on Sunday's too! The staff and management are always friendly and welcoming, and they seem to go out of their way to make your visit a pleasurable one. I refer this restaurant to anyone of my friends visiting DC.

MattMin, Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback about your most recent experience at Grillfish. We rely on comments from our guests to help us improve the food and service for future diners.

I am pleased that you had such a positive experience last time you dined with us. We look forward to you dining with us again soon!

Washington DC
“Hidden seafood gem, both for dinner and brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Certainly one of the best and affordable seafood restaurants in DC, and brunch rocks. For dinner, selection of entrees is good and would please anyone, buffalo shrimps for appetizer are a must. Their new brunch is likely to become very popular: $1 oysters, oyster tacos, and seafood sausage with omelet were a winner with our large group, but other menu items were interesting as well. And two for the price of one on brunch drinks, such as wasabi bloody mary and others helps enjoy it even more.

“Awesome Salmon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went to Grillfish and had grilled Salmon over greens. Skin was crisp the fish flesh was moist and flavorful. Service was timely, most professional and not intrusive. The outdoor venue in sunny autumn in DC could not have been better.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Return Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I moved to DC just a few weeks ago, and I already really like this place.

My girlfriend and had a bite at the bar the other night. I ordered the dorade-- which was delicious and apparently environmentally friendly-- so I can rest easy. My girlfriend had the mixed grill which she also loved.

Our bartender was great and our drinks were always topped off at just the right time.

1 Thank Mike R
MattMin, Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your last trip to Grillfish. We are thrilled that you and your girlfriend had such an excellent time.

Come back soon and try our February specials too!

Matt
“.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great happy hour food and cocktails, attentive bar and waitstaff. Ginger calamari and buffalo shrimp were delicious. I ordered Arctic char for dinner which was grilled to perfection. My waitress offered me all 3 dressings for the fish. Tomato garlic and curry sauces tasted great with the fish. Also considering its a seafood place, they have quite a desert selection. I ordered key lime pie which was just wow. Will definitely return next time I am in DC.