“Great bang for your buck”
Review of Grillfish

Grillfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Grillfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St.
Transit: Red Line -Dupont Circle. 19th street exit, walk down 19th St. to M St., turn right. 2 and a half blocks to the corner of New Hampshire & M St. Blue/Orange Line -Foggy Bottom/GWU. Go left toward Washington Circle. Walk across Washington Circle to New Hampshire Ave. Walk 2 blocks on New Hampshire to the corner of New Hampshire & M St.
Description: We source the finest, sustainable & local ingredients to create handcrafted food & beverages. Our setting is unmatched and the best casual, neighborhood dining in the West End. The bar is ornately decorated with massive mirrors, large columns and a multitude of glowing candles. These, along with the open kitchen where flames leap from the grill, create a warmth and intimacy in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very reasonable prices (for DC), fresh fish, friendly service. I like to go there when I'm being healthy, but their handmade ravioloi of the day or buffalo shrimp can easily lead me astray. Good wine list.

MattMin, Manager at Grillfish, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear KC,

Thanks for taking the time to review Grillfish on TripAdvisor. We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests.

I am pleased that you had such a meal with us last time. I'm glad that you you have tried and liked of both our healthier and more decadent options. We promise not to lead you too far astray from your fitness goal (...unless you need a little encouragement on ordering dessert).

We look forward to you coming back soon!

Matt

There are newer reviews for Grillfish

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Two Words: Oyster Brunch. (don't worry they have traditional brunch items as well)

The fried oyster benedict is outstanding ! And the oyster and cocktail selections are delicious. Our service was attentive but not overbearing- my kind of waiter.

The bonus part is that oysters are only a buck and cocktails are 2 for 1! I will definitely be returning !!

2  Thank Matt M

Dear Matt,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your last brunch at Grillfish. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your food and had excellent service as well!

We look forward to you dining with us again soon.

Matt

Reviewed December 4, 2012

OMG the Blackened Swordfish with Coconut Red Curry sauce is absolutely the most AMAZING. It's the only thing I order and I come here almost every time I'm in DC. In fact, if I ever show up and they no longer serve this dish... well, not sure what I'll do but am pretty sure it'll make me cry...

2  Thank rburck
MattMin, Manager at Grillfish, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback about your most recent experience at Grillfish. As we constantly strive to improve our food and service for our guests, we appreciate you sharing your comments with us.

I am pleased that you had such a positive experience last time you dined with us. We look forward to you dining with us again soon!

Thank you again for sharing your views with us.

Matt Minora

Reviewed November 20, 2012

By 7:30 pm the restaurant had run out of almost every kind of fish we were asking for… we were almost wondering why they were bothering to take orders if we had anyhow to content ourselves with whatever they had left… The fish turned out to be OK though, even if I was expecting much more from the Chesapeake clam chowder, which tasted as a mix of regular chowder and tomato soup, and came with those disappointing industrially produced crackers delivered on your plate in their little plastic packaging…
What turned out to be a complete disaster was, however, the wine service. I noticed with interest that another reviewer – wmarquart – recently pointed out that Prosecco got served in inappropriate glasses. I am sorry to report that the same is true if you order a 130$ bottle of champagne. As was the champagne’s temperature, and the way the waitress opened the bottle – sorry, but it’s not supposed to sound like a gunshot… As we had finished the champagne with the starters we ordered a bottle of wine with the entrees. Unfortunately, by the time we had finished our plates, all we had got were new empty glasses and repeated promises that the wine would come. We eventually canceled the order, at the waitress’ surprise, as if we were supposed to drink chardonnay with coffee and desert… We didn’t even get a word of excuse for this.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at the Marriott around the corner and have eaten here many times. Always good food, great wait staff and nice wine list. Tonight I had seared scallops with some incredible local braised greens that were to die for and a side order of some wonderful mashed potatoes. My waitperson Chris was top notch. Had dessert which I rarely do and enjoyed a scoop of vanilla ice cream with some warm carmel and pecan sauce- yum! A very nice dinner and well priced.

1  Thank ReginaPhelps