“Beat First Impressions”
Review of Tosca Restaurant

Tosca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tosca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: between 11th and 12th
Orlando, Florida
“Beat First Impressions”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went we first walked in at opening, we were not sure what to expect. The wait staff were dressed in white dinner jackets, and the place looked stuffy and formal. However, as the place started to fill, and as the food began to come out, our initial impressions changed. Three of us ordered off the three course, $38 dollar pre-theatre menu, and were not disappointed. The salads, cheese plates, meat plate and soup were good as aps. I had the pasta with the lamb ragu for the main course, and it was great. My son had the gnocci and it melted in your mouth. My daughter had the ravaoli and it was good. My wife had the fish and it was good. The desserts, especially the chocolate is worth getting. The wine list was reasonable and the service was impeccable.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank FromAway67

• Korean first
orlando florida
“elegant and good value”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Four of us went for an early dinner prior to attending a show. The pre-theater menu is a good value: three courses $38. Wide selection. All of us ordered different items. Everything was prepared and presented excellently. Service was also excellent and wines reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Absolutely Outstanding in Every Respect”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The ambiance is quiet and elegant, and the wait staff friendly, attentive and informative about the food, but never intrusive. The food is the real star, though. We had the chef's tasting menu, and every item was exquisite, in just the right portions. Our waiter recommended some very good wine by the glass. Easily one of the best restaurants I have visited. If you want an elegant, excellent evening out, I highly recommend Tosca.

Montreal Quebec Canada
“Delizioso”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant came recommended by our hotel concierge. Very good food, great service and something not often seen - the possibility of having dishes in whole or half portions and served as either appetizer or main course. Would definitely go back.

1 Thank eandmb
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overrated and Overpriced”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is fine dining Italian-- but it's not worth the price... and certainly not the best Italian in DC by any measure.

We went with friends this weekend. One is a vegetarian. There was almost nothing on the menu for him-- but they did work with him. The place is very quiet and the service is good, but perhaps a little overbearing.

Food was all good-- one friend commented that the pork tenderloin was one of the best she's had. I had the risotto which was rather bland. Frankly, the risotto at Toscana Cafe on the Hill is less then half the price and exponentially better.

Chocolate cake dessert was delicious.

The atmosphere also leaves something to be desired. Stark and library-ish are the best ways to describe this place. I felt like I was eating in my office.

This is a while table cloth level restaurant-- and you're going to pay for it. Two theatre menu meals with wine = $125.

If a friend were looking for fine Italian, I'd tell them to go to Filomena in Georgetown over this place-- hands down. If they just wanted good Italian food, I'd recommend Toscana Cafe on the Hill. This place wouldn't be in my top 5 for Italian.