“Excellent tasting menu” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tosca Restaurant

Tosca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tosca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: between 11th and 12th
Arlington
“Excellent tasting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

As we were leaving Citronelle after an excellent but overpriced 3-course meal, my wife said she would have preferred returning to Tosca for their less costly $95 6-course tasting menu, so we returned the following week. We reacted positively to most of the small tweaks to Tosca’s tasting menu.

The hamchi first course had been replaced by a savory snapper crudo and the scallop second course had an intense port wine reduction. The pasta with rabbit ragu was unchanged and luscious as always. The texture of the gorgonzola-flavored risotto was made more interesting with chopped celery and walnuts. The shredded cabbage accompanying the tender veal loin added an interesting texture, but that was the one change my wife did not favor. The desert had an imaginative mix of sweet, tart, and bitter flavors.

Portions were appropriate for a tasting menu; the veal portion was generous.

The wine pairings were well chosen. I the Brunello di Montalcino was excellent as expected, and the buttery Jermann Chardonnay and the intense Colternezzio Riserva Lagrein pleasantly surprised me.

As always, service was knowledgeable and precise, without being stuffy. When the room filled up, It was necessary to raise ones voice somewhat to converse.

2 Thank Arlingtonfoodie31

• Korean first
Illinois
“Awesome on all fronts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Tosca is a classic Italian restaurant with great atmosphere, food and service. Our server made the evening - great recommendations, attentive (not overly), and very professional. Highly recommend
Tosca for a special occasion.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank ZimmIllinois
Gonzales, LA
“Fantastic Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We went to Tosca as a recommendation since we would be in the area shopping. We had a group of six people. My review focuses on my food but everyone else in my group raved about theirs. For starters we got a bottle of white (Sav Blanc) and a red from Orvieto. Both wines were great recommendations. For my app I had the steak tartar. It was incredible. The flavor and texture were magnificent. For my main entree I got the black ink tagliatelle with crab meat ragu. My dish was the talk of the table. The amount of lump crabmeat was extraordinary. For my desert I got the cheese plate. Overall it was very good but I wasnt sure what was the best order to eat the cheese in.

Overall I would highly recommend this place. I will be back in DC for business in two weeks and hope to be able to make it in two weeks. This was no doubt the best meal I have ever had in DC.

2 Thank CaptainJ47
Colorado
“Amazingly tasteful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Unlike any other Italian restaurant. Fabulous creative combinations and flavors. 3 of us all had differnent meals- all fantastic. Great wine list too. And suberb service.

1 Thank Sheepdog7
Washington, DC
“Good Italian Cuisine in a Sophisticated Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I dined at Tosca on April 7, 2012. Very sophisticated atmosphere, good service and very good if not particularly innovative Italian food. I was surprised by how reasonable the prices seemed… I was expecting the bill to be higher. Nice wine list. Two complaints: After a very nice meal, they bobbled the desert order – that should have been the easiest of all the dishes we ordered. They were, however, very apologetic about it. Second – and this isn’t Tosca’s fault – too many people under-dressed. This is a nice place, sophisticated atmosphere, and waiters in white jackets, and people coming in shirtsleeves and tee shirts. I will definitely go again.