“Good Italian restaurant.”
Review of La Tomate

La Tomate
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tomate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: R
Transit: Red Line, Dupont Circle
Description: Since 1987, La Tomate has been Dupont Circle's neighborhood bistro, featuring affordable regional Italian cuisine in a warm ambiance. Our new Prosciutto Bar, equipped with an imported Italian artisanal hand slicer offers a connoisseur selection of domestic and Italian shaved cured meats and cheeses. La Tomate is committed to providing quality service and excellent food in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Join us for a casual lunch, happy hour, dinner, weekend brunch or group events.
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice surprise. The atmosphere was great, the place was busy, the food was very good. I've been to better Italian restaurants, but this is still on par with some of the better ones I've dined at. The service was great in spite of the crowd. Our waiter gave us just enough attention and didn't rush us out when we were finished.

There are newer reviews for La Tomate

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very accommodating staff and the food was great ... enjoyed the suggested selection of wine to accompany the meal. Hmmm ... great linguine with muscles ...

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love this place!! Let's start off with the bread and the tomato-paste which in itself is to die for -- I can so getting used to that everyday!! Wonderful pasta dishes and wine list. One time I had to sit at the bar since the place was packed on a Friday night. Even that was enjoyable as the service was friendly and welcoming. I enjoy its location, with windows looking outside easily. They used to serve this great white wine from Orvieto which actually lured me back to this restaurant again and again just for that!! These days whenever I visit DC I always stop by for a meal!! it is that good!!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Ate here for an informal business meeting and was a good place. No music in the background and it wasn't too crowded so it was easy to converse. I'm not a true foodie but based on the texture of the pasta, I believe it is made in house, though I'm not positive. In any case, it was delicious and delicate unlike the "Italian" at a chain restaurant.

Prices are reasonable for a place in Dupont Circle and they have an extensive selection of various Prosciuttos. Would definitely come back when I'm in town

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We travel to DC often,and we have also traveled to Italy often, we find this restaurant to be the most true experience in authentic Italian cuisine. The atmosphere is always jovial, and we've been here before on sunny days to enjoy the patio. We love the personal attention from the manager as he is always dressed very nicely, and always makes us feel at home. We are also impressed that some many locals frequent the place as it seems to be a center of activity for locals and politico types. A true DC experience in that regard as well.