“Great food on the bar”

Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 19th and K
Transit: Farragut North Station - Metro
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The food is very good, and the atmosphere is fantastic. The deal is to order food from the bar. At lunch time, you can eat well for the price of a simple restaurant. Service is smart, clients elegant, host is great, and the vibe perfect. Need to go more often there

Reviewed July 26, 2012

They used to be well regarded, but from my meal I can’t imagine why. The lunch box seemed like a bargain but isn’t worth it, given how badly it sucked. The divided plate is too small, especially for the salad. It was salad, pasta, choice of entree & dessert. You’d expect the entree to be the centerpiece, but the pasta was. My entree was 3 broiled scallops, no sauce & barely any seasoning. I found myself dredging each bite first through the vinaigrette left from my salad till it was done, and then through the olive oil that came with the bread. That says it all for this tired, uninspired meal. I wasn’t too thrilled with the 3 pieces of brownie for dessert either. The service was old and tired, just like the food. Why offer a lunch box that sucks so badly?

Reviewed July 14, 2012

It was a little too hot and muggy to sit outside, so we asked for a table indoors. Very nice decor. Lots of business men/women - to e expected. Service was good, but could be better. There were lapses when no one was around (for example, when I wanted some fresh cracked pepper). But, once we were served, no one was disappointed. The stuffed(with crabmeat) mushrooms were good, but not spicy enough for my tastes. Arugula salad was tasty. A variety of entrees (incl. skirt steak, chicken caesar salad, shrimp fettucini) were excellently prepared. In fact, the caesar - although a tad pricey - was one of the best I've ever had! Almost too pretty to eat! No desserts today; maybe, on our next visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We just had a meal at Teatro restaurant - which was an important event for us but the service and the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. The waiter was abrupt - service was slow and weak - we had to chase our dishes - ask for cutlery - even call the waiter's attention a few times. Food nothing to write home about - the pasta was way overcooked had I been alone i would have sent it back and possibly walked out. Starter was good.
Overall weak not really worth visiting and should not be called italian.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Three of us went for a lovely outdoor lunch. Service was fine and the food plentiful to include their "box lunch." The mashed potatoes under spinach was delicious as a side dish for two of us although the spinach was salty. The table bread was excellent. Because this was such a nice outing, we decided to go to dinner with another couple. Service was terrible. Only three if us got our appetizers while the fourth had to wait quite a while--we had to ask where her appetizer was and were told it was coming. I had to ask twice for my ginger ale that only came after I finished my appetizer. Again, with our main entrees mine was missing. Again, we had to ask where it was. Again, " it is coming." Standard high DC prices ($17.00 for a Caesar salad, a tad mayonnaisey too) without good service--won't be hurrying back anytime soon. we were a bit embarrassed that we recommended this for our get -together.