“Venice in DC!!!”

Cross street: 19th and K
Transit: Farragut North Station - Metro
“Venice in DC!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Style & decor are Venezia all the way from the lovely semicircular tables in bright color fabrics to the harlequin plaid squares on the walls to hand blown venetian glass ceiling lights.
Started with a bottle of Moët Chandon.
The cuisine is very good. We started with the lobster and scallop salad which was delicious. My partner had the teralatini with duck ragu. Excellent. I had the penne carbonara. Hot and creamy.
We split the coconut galette with ice cream. It was served semi - frozen with an apricot in the center of the cake. Very nice! Our wait staff, Said, was most accommodating!

“Mixed thoughts”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The food was good. They accommodated slight changes to the pasta dish I ordered. Seems a bit over priced for pasta, but the sauce did taste fresh.

Service was a bit spotty. They didn't offer fresh ground pepper or cheese, which was a surprise. My water glass sat empty for most of the meal.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I might go back since it's convenient to my office. But there are many better options for Italian in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food and Service Were Good, But Nothing Spectacular”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went here with a few friends for a dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant wasn't crowded, but there were a good amount of people here and there. The food and service we received were good, but nothing stood out as spectacular. We went here mainly for a friend to try the lobster risotto; she didn't seem wowed by it, but she did seem to like it. The menu options are a little pricey, but not over the top. Overall, it was a positive experience, but I don't have an itch to go back for more.

• Visited February 2012
USA, Virginia
“Excellent food-service needs improvement”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Had a delicious dinner on Saturday evening.
The waiter was very nice and help us to design our order as we wanted to eat it family style. The pastas and weal chop have been amasing! Cudos to chef!
The oly disappoinment was people who clean up the table - they definately need more training. They do not know how to take dirty dishes from the table-this is not a diner! It is fine restaurant!
Another thing-the restaurant shoul oay more attention what is going on in fheir restrooms:)
By the way: what to say cudos for walet parking service! It was very nice and polite! (cost $10)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexciting”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

When I mentioned to a friend (K street lawyer) that I wanted to invite him to try Teatro Goldoni for dinner he discouraged me saying that the restaurant does so bad at night that it is mostly rented out for private parties. So we ended up going for lunch. I had the rockfish for 24 dollars which was dry and underseasoned. My guest chose the scallops that looked like overcooked but he said they were fine. The service was Ok. This is not a place that I can enthusiastically recommend.

• Visited October 2011